cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

Hi PasswordsArgh, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you have also been having issues getting yourself set up with your My Virgin Media account. 

We would strongly recommend never using a password suggested by someone else for account security. 

Just to check a few extra bits of information:

1) have you ever previously held services or an account with the email address you are trying to register with?

2) are you using this link to register: www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register?

All the best. 

Molly

I'm also having the same issue. On the website on any platform, on the app. Never used Virgin before. 

Hi Molly, 

You'll note the password wasn't the same but an example of a simple password - good advice though, although perhaps removing the post which suggests passwords to use would be more helpful to people in future. 

It is now successfully working for me.

Thanks 

Oh also, sending an automated email with

'Just a quick note to say here's a new badge for all that you do in the Virgin Media Community'

seems a bit oblivious when someone is complaining about systems not working, perhaps that automation can be adjusted?

Thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @PasswordArgh,

I understand that this is frustrating for you, we are aware of an issue with the passwords. We are waiting for an update on this, to see what we need to do to resolve it. So sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Nayfen94
Joining in

Been looking all over for a solution to this today but @Jaydea 's response worked perfect for me.

And if it helps for everyone else including the Forum team, after I got registered and went to update my password to something stronger the requirements mentioned to create a password between 8-10 characters, with letters and numbers, no spaces and must begin with a letter;

Screenshot_20220525-151212_Chrome.jpg

Whereas during registration the password requirements allowed for a longer password, with letters and numbers, but no mention about the first character being a letter. Definitely some sort of mismatch in the password requirements. Hope this helps!

Hi,

Having the same issue; cant proceed with the making my account due to the same Password error, ive tried alternations such as starting with a capital letter or an undercase letter to no avail.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JO2512,

Welcome! Thanks for joining the thread.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with the password, we are aware of this issue. We are just waiting for an update on how we can fix this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Jaydea's solution worked for me as well, eventually. Then I changed my password to something more sensible. 

dragonsignite
Joining in

Also having this issue. No combination of password is working. Following this post for a resolution