cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel returned my quickstart kit 😥

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a really frustrating situation.
I'm moving to a new house where the old owners had VM. So it seemed simplest to reconnect - the sockets are there and they were happy with the service.

The kit was due to be delivered on the 3rd. But this was before we were due to move in - so when Yodel gave me the option to change delivery address and time - I took it. Nothing difficult. All normal stuff with 3-4 days notice. To my regular address that I've lived at for years and don't have any issues with.

On the day of delivery I'm a bit concerned that I've not had an update, so I click this link...

0E0EDE34-4631-4BD9-B9DB-13DCB9F4273E.jpeg

 Which dropped me here...

260A377D-52DF-48AD-96FA-BF30297FC7E1.png

So the parcel was delivered on the 3rd. Something else happened on the 5th. And the package got returned to Virgin. And I need to contact Virgin with any queries.

Virgin Media have zero clue what's going on.

I've spoken to multiple people on different channels. None of them know what's going on. And all have promised different things. Each contradicting what the others have said.

I was told on Saturday I'd have it in 48 hours. (I said, "do you mean 2 working days", and the guy said - "no sir within 48 hours...". When I hadn't received a confirmation or any kind of update yesterday I got in touch again.

And was told it was a minimum of 5-7 working days. But then got some more spurious promises about how it had been marked as high prioroty and it had been taken care of. 

CD0D69C0-6E05-43CD-ACA6-F54DC531C828.jpeg

I still have no date and no confirmation. And I'm in a new house with no internet attempting to work from home.

It's really simple. I just need a quickstart kit. At my house. There must be a way for me to get this kit more quickly. I'm in the middle of London where Virgin vans pass by every few hours. And I'm happy to go to somewhere to pick it up.

But the call center seem impotent to do anything. It's not their fault if they haven't got the ability to get a new Yodel delivery booked. But they need to not lie about it and make things up just to get you off the phone.

Sorry for the rant / essay. But I wanted to be as thorough as I could.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get this resolved quickly. I've got very little confidence at the moment. 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Little update: 

After being on hold for 15 minutes I managed to speak to someone UK based who seemed like he could actually see what was going on 

He suggested that I call Yodel. But when I pointed out that I had no tracking number, no confirmation or anything to identify my issue he realised there's a bigger problem and "popped me on hold" while he went to speak to a supervisor. After 20 minutes of radio silence I had to hang up.

Snce then I've been trying to call back. I get the "we're a bit busy, but we'll get to you shortly" message. 

Compress_20220510_105927_7809.jpg

That's not shortly in my book.

A few minutes later I got cut off automatically. I'm currently in the queue again.

It feels like I have no choice. There's no callback option and any text based chat connects me to a hybrid AI / powerless call center person. Does anyone have a way out...

(Currently 30 mins deep in a new hold music torture session...) 😭

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you've had issues with your quick start installation equipment delivery. I can see that you have been in touch with us today and have been advised on the this. Please allow 5 - 7 working days for us to resend the delivery, you should receive a new tracking number from Yodel when this is processed. If you have any further issues with your delivery you can speak to our pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734 if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 40 minutes I got through.

I was asked what the problem was. I explained that I'd been cut off previously. And asked if the operator could see my previous conversation. She said yes and we started to get into the issue.

She seemed very caring and understanding and went off to talk to a supervisor. When she came back she asked if I'd logged into the website to track my package - I asked which website and she said "your virgin media account". I explained that I don't have the ability to log in to a Virgin Media account yet - see other current problem in the forum over here.

At this point she started asking if I'd contacted the faults department. I said "what...? This isn't a 'fault'". Then the line unexpectedly went dead.

Maybe this was a genuine mistake. Who knows. And luckily I'd given her my number so she could call back in case we got cut off.🤔

And sure enough - 10 mins later - a call from 0345 etc - hallelujah! Oh, but wait. It only lasted one ring...😵

So now, in the call logs, it looks like they've attempted a call back and I'm at fault. 😠😡🤬

I could of course try to call back, but I've already spent 3 hours attempting to resolve a simple delivery of an install kit that wasn't delivered.

This whole thing smacks of an overworked and overstretched system where everyone is dumping calls and parcels because they don't have enough time, training or support to do their jobs properly.

I'm not taking issue with any individual here. I'm taking issue with Virgin Media having a broken system for dealing with customers.

I still don't know where my Quickstart kit is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carley

How can there be so many different versions of what's going on? How can you tell me it's 5-7 days when I was just told earlier this morning that it should be 2 working days? (Not 48 hours as I was promised on Saturday)

And I was told yesterday that I'd get a tracking number today...?

Most modern systems to deal with things like this have some kind of ticket system - to allow customers to see what's going on and to manage expectations. At the moment it doesn't feel like this issue is something that's joined up.

I'm aware that I'm probably coming across as quite needy here. But when you're talking about my connection to work it's only to be expected. This is urgent and important for me.

I've been calm and civil and respectful throughout the process and any call recordings (for training and monitoring purposes) will confirm that.

At this stage I've seen enough red flags to know that I'd rather have a fraction of the speed from a more customer centric provider.

I will refuse the Quickstart pack (if it ever arrives) and am starting the account cancellation process now.

I'm sorry we couldn't make it work...

I'm sorry that you've had a poor experience with our services @Anonymous. This is very disappointing to hear that you have chosen to cancel your installation, I can assure you that this isn't the level of service that we want to provide. 

Please join me on private message so we can locate and discuss the account in full and we can confirm all has been processed correctly and answer any further questions or concerns you may have about your account. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley