cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong bill

grahamcowley44
Tuning in

Signed up on the 28th June for the oomph 350 package for £43 a month.The SIM card didn't show on my confirmation email on the the 29th so I rang customer service and they said I would receive it when I was connected.This didn't happen and after hours and hours through to customer service they are now saying that £43 is the price without the SIM.Has anyone got a screenshot of what the offers were for the week ending 28/06/2020 as I just keep getting lied to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

What you are wanting is a "Subject Access Request" and the previous community member has given you the wrong information this has too be requested by Customer Services, once filed with CS then they have 28 days to respond.

You can request this with the Complaints team online at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-cases/make-a-complaint

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello grahamcowley44

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your package price 

Sadly we are not able to adjust packaged on here 

ust send us a text* with a description of your problem to 07533 051809 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Gareth_L

Received a letter today from Virgin and they are such a dishonest company that I can't believe how they get away with it.They have that many complaints which I should of looked at before signing up.Luckily I'm only on a 12 months contract so will change back to an honest company ( any other company)asap.The only satisfaction I've had is putting 4 of my neighbours off having anything to do with them.What a shambles this company is.

I am sorry you feel this way.

From checking the system, this is a deadlock letter you'll have received. 

If you have the original order documentation from when you first placed the order, then we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Original email was wrong,spoke to customer service the next day and was told that it was Virgin's fault and I would receive the SIM when I was connected.They have checked the prices for the 28th June and said that £43 was for broadband, landline and SIM card.Now they are trying to say that the SIM was through Quidco (£115 cashback declined by virgin)and it's there fault.The price for the package I'm receiving on the 28th June was £38.Its been one lie after another by virgin and I've never had to deal with a company which is so dishonest.Luckily I'm only on a 12month contract.If you need proof just check the prices on the 28th June,its already been established on the last telephone call to customer service that the Oomph package was £43 so it's not difficult to admit when you are wrong.

I am sorry you feel this way.

Regarding the cashback you'd need to speak with the third party client.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I've been with Quidco since they started,I always follow the terms and conditions to the letter.They have said that the cashback was declined by virgin because I either amended or cancelled something.Only mentioned the Quidco because that was part of the reason I went to virgin.Its the fact that I've spent hours and hours trying to sort this out and twice you've said it will be put right then when nothing is sorted and I contact you again you deny all knowledge of the things you've said.When I said to the last person I spoke to on the phone that if I'm paying £43 and the price for the Oomph package was£43 which she verified then what is the problem with amending your mistake.

I want to request a copy of all the telephone conversations and written communications please.

Been told by CISAS that I need to ask virgin for the recordings.

Hi if you should email dpo@virginmedia.co.uk to request your data they hold on you, Just remember the calls may not be recorded all the time so might not be there.