cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong address on system

abawden
Tuning in

When I searched to have virgin at my home address the system didnt recognise my address as it had the property split into 2 flats when in fact it is one house.

The issue came when i tried to order as if i out flat 1 in it said virgin wasnt available and if i put flat 2 in it said it was.

So Virgin processed the order as flat 2... ive had avonline network team round today and they have wired my house up to the system ready for the virgin tech team to come and install.

Now that my house is ready for install is there anyway i can get my property registered correctly on Virgins systems as my O2 account isnt tallying up due to the difference in addresses on the contracts

11 REPLIES 11

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi abawden,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. This can sometimes happen on our systems when an address is not recognised as a house but two seperate flats.

We can certainly take a look to see if it feasible if the address can be changed on our systems, so the address matches with your O2 account.

Remotely looking from our end, just to make sure this was possible. It appears you have enquired about this issue already on our systems.

Do you still need help with this, or is it being dealt with already?

Kind regards Jodi. 

I believe it’s sorted but now my appointment for installation has disappeared 

So spoke. And turns out that when they correct my address and removed the flat part of it it cancelled everything out! Not happy so now trying to get it fixed and having to explain the whole I own the whole property there isn’t any flats inside it thing again and having a nightmare doing it! I wanted to join virgin as thought it’d be nice and easy 😞

Hi @abawden

Welcome to the community! 

Really sorry to hear about the miscommunication and cancellation of your install due to the address issue your having. I don't understand why they would have cancelled the install, unless the address was totally wrong. We can change this for you through a private message invitation but would need to pass account security. I think though we should wait till the installation has been successful and then if you still need to, post back on this thread and we'll invite you in for private message to resolve. Would that be okay? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Cheers Carley!

that would be really helpful.  Really not happy as I have taken the 5th March off work and now they’ve said the 10th for install but this isn’t helpful at all as all my other services stop on 5th March now but will see what happens 

Hi abawden

Looking forward to your post 

Gareth_L

abawden
Tuning in

What an absolute terrible service I’ve had over the past 4 days!!!

Nearly over 4 hours spent on the phone trying to get my services sorted!

Doni recommended VM to anyone? Well no not at this precise moment if this is how new customers are dealt with!!

it’s a disgrace and VM should be ashamed of themselves!

Installation happens Monday but the gent didn’t do 2nd box as wasn’t sure he could put it there so said he’ll activate the first box and modem so I can have my services and he said call back within a week to get the 2nd box sorted.

He tried to activate the modem

but said signal from the outside line was bad (said something about -18 and should around -5). Said that he would arrange someone to come sort the cables in the street the next day. 

he left and the internet started to work and everything was running smoothly…. And there in lies where the issues started.

Tuesday morning no internet! Can’t work.  call in get told it’s because my installation isn’t complete, explain what I was told and get told nope not how it works! But then blind transferred to someone else who blind transfers me to another person who wasn’t able to do anything but 24 hours for service to work.

Wednesday still nothing! Call in again explain the issue get told the same thing.  Asked if there is a way to close the work order and just have service as 1 box and modem and arrange for second box get told no… after some arguing I give up. 

I calm down and call back and through to Ozzy who was brill said he’d only worked for VM for 2 weeks but knew exactly what I was saying as he had the same issues when he got VM installed! I thought Yesss!!! At last someone who can help and that he did well tried,  he said he’d have to speak to a manager but his sure there is a way around it and that he doesn’t understand why I’ve been passed round to so many people.

he than came back and said he’d the issue is around the work order being open still so he had set a ticket to the IT team to override this ticket and get it closed this will take 24 hours and that he has wrote on the notes that my account needs to be activated as one box and one modem and that the second box be shown as a different work order so the account can be activated but would have to be done manually over the phone so call back after 24 hrs..

24hrs later and as predicted nothing nothing at all.. yet again told nope as the 2nd box isn’t installed need an engineer visit I insisted that this isn’t what I was told and then get told no it’s a glitch with the system and have to wait 3 to 5 days… 3 to 5 days!!!  No way I again insisted the read Ozzy notes and get told there isn’t insist again and get told oh ye here they are… the guy then says nope still have to wait 3 to 5 days. I hang up I’ve had enough

i call back speak to someone who says yep I can send a signal as the first work order is closed now and can arrange for the 2nd install.

she said signal sent and modem should work within the hour.. this was at 6pm

10pm still nothing call back again… get told nope your installation isn’t complete need to arrange an appoint for installation I explain everything again get told oh I need to transfer you, I ask if the department they are sending me to is open and whether they’ll activate my account he says he’ll check, check he did not!! He blind transfers me to a  department that is closed and then when I call back the main number they are now closed!!! Not happy at all I want my internet working… someone who can help please call me!!!!

Sorry meant to say installation happened Monday 7th

Hi abawden,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, we are sorry for your experience so far and to hear you are still not connected although the install was done and the services were on, I have been able to locate you on our system with the details we have and I am looking into this for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.