cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Email Address

nchamp
Joining in

Hello,

For about 10 years I have been receiving emails from Virgin Atlantic about my bill. The funny thing is that I live in the US and I don't have any services with Virgin.  How can I get my email removed from an account that I am not associated with?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You would need to contact Virgin Atlantic.

This community forum is for issues relating to Virgin Media in the UK.

The two companies are entirely separate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nchamp, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with a bill from Virgin Atlantic.
As my colleague @Graham_A has mentioned, this is for Virgin Media services based within the United Kingdom.
Please reach out to Virgin Atlantic here and they will assist you.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for getting back to me.

First of all, my bill is in pounds, not dollars, so that is why I thought this is the appropriate forum.

Second, the help link takes me to Virgin Atlantic Airlines.

The only reason I want to clear this up, is that I get a bunch of emails from Virgin Atlantic, including a notification of "my" bill. 

Is there an email that I can contact to resolve this issue? I don't want to set up an account just so I can send an email.

I appreciate your help.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. 

The link I had sent takes you to the 'contact us' page on Virgin Atlantic
I have found their number for customer services - from USA, which is: +1 800 862 8621
I have also found their email address as well: feedback.backhome@virginholidays.com
Let us know how it goes with them.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hello, again~

All of the links/phone number take me to travel sites. I don't see how they can help me with a problem with this media bill.....

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nchamp wrote:

Thank you for getting back to me.

First of all, my bill is in pounds, not dollars, so that is why I thought this is the appropriate forum.

Second, the help link takes me to Virgin Atlantic Airlines.

The only reason I want to clear this up, is that I get a bunch of emails from Virgin Atlantic, including a notification of "my" bill. 

Is there an email that I can contact to resolve this issue? I don't want to set up an account just so I can send an email.

I appreciate your help.

Hi @nchamp 

This forum is for Virgin Media tv, broadband and phone customers in the UK

It has no association at all with Virgin Atlantic in any way, shape or form.

Virgin Atlantic is an entirely separate/distinct company.

Virgin Atlantic which is a trading name of Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited and Virgin Atlantic International Limited, is a British airline with its head office in Crawley, England. 

Try talking to the Virgin Atlantic chatbot https://help.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/contact-us.html 

Is there a reply to address on the Virgin Atlantic email that you can use to contact them?

Have you checked the email sender by looking at the header  to see it's on any spam lists such as https://cleantalk.org/email-checker or https://mailtester.com/en/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

OK...I think I see where the problem is. I said I received a bill from Virgin Atlantic. I should have said Virgin Media.

From what I can tell (since I cannot see the bill), this is for mobile services. The amount due is in pounds.

I believe what has happened is that when someone started their contract, they accidentally put in my email address. All I want to do is to get my email address off of this account. I have the account number, the area reference and the payment reference numbers. I do not know what the name is on the account.

Thank you for all of your help. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nchamp wrote:

OK...I think I see where the problem is. I said I received a bill from Virgin Atlantic. I should have said Virgin Media.

From what I can tell (since I cannot see the bill), this is for mobile services. The amount due is in pounds.

I believe what has happened is that when someone started their contract, they accidentally put in my email address. All I want to do is to get my email address off of this account. I have the account number, the area reference and the payment reference numbers. I do not know what the name is on the account.

Thank you for all of your help. 

@nchamp  Thanks for that very helpful clarification.

You are indeed at the right place for your issue after all.  It is not unknown for people to make an error in setting up mobile accounts with contact email addresses.   The VM Forum Team should now be able to help you with this issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @nchamp, thanks for the update.

Now we understand what the matter is.
I'm sorry to hear about the confusion in the bill being addressed to yourself.
I will look in to this for you and assist you.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in to a private chat.

Kind regards

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team