Menu
Wickles
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Contract

My original post wasn't approved for some reason, so I'll just copy paste the text from it:

I recently signed up to a new Virgin Media deal, however, they are now refusing to honour the deal or they even fail to acknowledge the deal at all. The advert stated in no uncertain terms, "All Sky Sports and Sky Cinema in HD", however, the contract only states they are in SD. The customer service agents I have spoken to over the last 24 hours, have been aggressive, misinformed, and highly condescending. I don't have much patience for poor customer service, so I've done the thing I can as a consumer which is report the advert to the ASA. This is only because they refused to remove the advert, even acknowledge it existed, or honour the deal.

I've tried to compromise and meet them half-way, but without agreeing to anything, they took it upon themselves to add extra charges to my contract. I've only been verbally informed of this, as I still have the incorrect contract, and not the one they supposedly updated. Everything is there for Virgin Media to correct the situation, instead they just appear to sitting on their hands doing nothing but repeating the same script over the phone. A bit bewildered really.

I do obviously have proof of the bundle I agreed to, they don't even seem bothered to look at it. Not sure whether to just cancel entirely and move on, or to get them to fully fix it. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Contract

You can wait for VM to reply here, show them proof and then go from there, or just cancel as you are unhappy. Either or really.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Wickles
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I intend to show the proof, and go on from there. I honestly feel that when on the phone, because it is an overseas customer support team, they don't fully understand what I am saying. As they just kept repeating the same thing over and over again with me explaing what my issue was. Lets hope I get this sorted.

0 Kudos
Wickles
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Deal.pngThis is the advertised deal that they refuse to honour.

Seems the photo I uploaded has been approved. So I'll just pop it here for all to see. You can see it explicitly does state the HD bit, hence the confusion at my contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Wickles,

thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had and for any confusion there's been over the package.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at things for you.

Get back to me when you can,

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

Wickles
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Spent the day talking to a mod, and yet still the same problem. Even after being assured it was all cleared up. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Wickles
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The £79 contract is the incorrect one, and the £86 is the wrong contract. The wrong contract was the one which was supposedly fixed and up to date. I'm extremely confused, especially as I was told it would be £79.

Contract.png

Contract_1.png

0 Kudos
GemmaMMMMM
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issue. Was this ever resolved or shall i cancel while i can?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ddrunner
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Billing dept refused to acknowledge my bill is wrong so I asked to reduce all my services - put through to customer services, after 40 minute conversation I highlighted the original agreement email, only at this point they agreed the discount clearly stated in the agreement was not applied. he then put me back to sales who told me only customer services can help. I remain on hold as I write this, I have been on the phone for 90 minutes already (currently been holding for 15 minutes to get back through to customer services. 

This is a total nightmare.

Virgin agree it's their fault finally but still problem is not sorted and guess what? my bills has just gone up £40! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello ddrunner,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the price of your bill.

Have you managed to get this resolved or are we still yet to resolve this?

Drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards, David_Bn

0 Kudos