cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer service - I am being harassed

Milmo
Just joined

I cancelled virgin media in January - something went wrong, I got a bill in February and called through to the helpline (took over 20mins to get through). I got a bill in March and called through to the helpline - this time I was on the phone for nearly 2 hours - they did confirm I have not used any internet since January, but no record of the cancellation of my bill - I eventually paid £88!!!!  for 2 months of internet I did not use.

I hear no more - then today I get a bill (haven't had one since March) - with a late payment charge included ........ how can virgin keep charging me despite me cancelling now on several occasions, and not having used anything since last year, and how can I have a late charge for a bill I never got.

I cannot face a 3rd call when no one seems to do anything about it!!

I want to complain to Ofcom, via twitter - is there a national campaign on how virgin media is taking advantage of people at a time when there are more people in poverty than ever?

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

@Milmo back in January, how did you cancel your account with VM? Was it via letter or telephone? Did you get any sort of call back from Retentions trying to get you to stay with a better offer and did you receive a returns pack to send the VM hub back to them and if so has it now been returned?

What you called them on various occasions, did Customer Services confirm that your account was cancelled as of, whatever date?

I have a suspicion that this was never actually cancelled and as far as they are concerned you are still a customer, doesn't really matter if you are using the service or not.

Hi @Milmo,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have had an ongoing issue with your cancellation request. We can understand the frustration caused. 

Are you able to answer the questions given by @jem101 so we can best understand what took place and take further steps from here?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs