cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Company ever?

AHodges
Just joined

Yet again, I've spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get an answer to no avail. 

This company put more effort into avoiding speaking to customers than they do in tech support. Hate it. 

So, the remote doesn't work and I can't order a replacement, done everything the 'help' page says. Nothing works.

Surprise, surprise no one answers the phone either. 

I have tried to leave - the systems Virgin set up are akin to an abusive, controlling relationship. They do not allow meaningful communication or dialogue and control the finances. This meets the criteria of an abusive relationship.

Dreadful service, fearful relationship, coercive and controlling. Worth a knighthood, sir Richard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

And if you've decided you're leaving, I'd say do it by donkey post with recorded delivery.  There's too many reports here of VM's processes and people making it take far too long and involved process to cancel by phone, with frequent disconnections, long waits, being passed from team to team - and sometimes then failing to process the cancellation even for those who get through.  Current record holder is another forum user who's been trying to cancel for five months.  Even having issued notice of cancellation, each month VM bill them again, user phones up "sorry about that, we'll put it right for next month".

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

AHodges
Just joined

The control virgin hold over feels abusive. How do I leave? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

VM has precious little to do with Branson these days and is in fact owned by Liberty Global - a British-Dutch-American multinational telecommunications company. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And if you've decided you're leaving, I'd say do it by donkey post with recorded delivery.  There's too many reports here of VM's processes and people making it take far too long and involved process to cancel by phone, with frequent disconnections, long waits, being passed from team to team - and sometimes then failing to process the cancellation even for those who get through.  Current record holder is another forum user who's been trying to cancel for five months.  Even having issued notice of cancellation, each month VM bill them again, user phones up "sorry about that, we'll put it right for next month".

Hi @AHodges.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to get in contact with us regarding your remote issue. We can understand this is not ideal. I have been able to access your service on our system and I can see you very recently spoke to our team regarding this. Has the issue been fully resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs