cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With out service, but now sorted, need help in billing

josephmcginley
On our wavelength

I hope someone can help me, and pass this on to what ever department deal with this, and its mainly my billing period for the last 30+ days.  For loss of telephone service from around 5 July, and TV and Broadband from 17 Jul

I notice the current problem first with my phone, which the line was dead, and this was around 5 Jul 2021.  Now obviously didn't have time to deal with this, as was getting ready to going away on holiday, and other wise occupied with other things 

Returned to the UK on Sun 1 Aug, only to find I dont have any tv service, or even any broadband.  I report the fault straight away, and a engineer came out today, and problem no sorted, and all three services now operating 100%

I asked the engineer, what was the cause of the problems with my services, and was told the fault lied with the box in the street, and looks like the box may have been tampered with.  Where I stay, there recently has been new flats and houses built, and most of them, are now occupied

Now the only thing I can think of that has cause my problems, is when this pavement was being dug up, and new tarmac laid down

The engineer who came out to sort my problems, was Steven ID 70080, and very happy with his work in sorting and fixing these issues, will pm account details

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Issue with bill now resolved through executive team, which was all I was wanting

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @josephmcginley,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you've had some service issues recently, though I'm glad to hear that they've been rectified. For service faults we do have a credit policy in place which explains in what circumstances a credit would be valid and the amount you would expect.

If you have any further questions or concerns after reading that, please do let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

crany
Superfast

If you only reported the loss of service on the 1 Aug you will only get compensation from that date and only for a total loss of service and only if it is over 2 days so i dont think you are entitled too any

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@crany wrote:

If you only reported the loss of service on the 1 Aug you will only get compensation from that date and only for a total loss of service and only if it is over 2 days so i dont think you are entitled too any

@crany 

The auto-compensation scheme is explained in the link in Zach's post above. It only applies, amongst some other caveats, once VM are notified that you are off-service.

As I read the OP's situation... The LOS was "noticed" on July 5th, but not reported until August 1st. VM would have had 2 full working days to rectify that, so compensation would only kick in if it was unresolved by tomorrow, Wednesday 4th.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I agree thats why I said I dont think he is entitled to any

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi like the other posts, as soon as you detect a fault you must report it straight away otherwise you will not get any compensation. Regards Micky

I understand what being said about reporting the fault, the fault with the phone line  dosnt bother me, I can let that go.  But the fault with my tv service and broadband, when they stopped working is outwith my control on reporting the fault.  I went away on holiday on 15 Jul, and when I left tv & broadband were working, and only when I returned home, did I find I had no tv service or broadband.

When I discovered I had no tv service, the message that came up on my screen was network cable unplugged, and the engineer informed me, the problem was at the junction box. 

If the fault was from 19 Jul, how do I report the fault, when Im away on holiday, and the fault wasn't with any of my boxes, the fault was with the junction box, which is beyond my control.  I know my tv & broadband were working on 15 Jul, and on checking my recorded programs, 19 Jul was when the last programs were recorded, which were

Family Guy...A fistful of Meg, Are you being served...Founders day

Hi @josephmcginley,

Thanks for your post. 

You would only be eligible for automatic credits under our scheme if you suffered a total loss of service for 2 full days and you registered the loss of service with us. 

Unfortunately, if this hasn't been the case, you will not be entitled to any bill credit. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Issue with bill now resolved through executive team, which was all I was wanting

Thanks for the update @josephmcginley

Glad to hear the team was able to get this resolved. 

Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs