Menu
KERRILD
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Will Virgin compensate customers as per OFCOM Compensation scheme?

I have been reading up on the OFCOM Compensation scheme due to the atrocious service I have received from Virgin. 3 Months on, 3 cancelled installation appointments, no end date in sight. Annual leave days lost, weekend overtime working turned down, hours spent on the phone (all to receive the same generic messages).
According to Ofcom - delays with the start of a new service (defined as - A landline or broadband customer would be entitled to compensation if their provider promises to start a new service on a particular date, but fails to do so.) result in £5 for each calendar date missed, including the missed start date. If Virgin stand by this then I believe I am owed around £300 so far and I would like advice on how to claim this from Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will Virgin compensate customers as per OFCOM Compensation scheme?

You missed the most important sentence in the announcement as far as your situation is concerned:

"So, there will be a 15-month implementation period before it comes into effect to ensure a smooth introduction."

0 Kudos
KERRILD
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that is why I want to know what Virgins current stance is on the scheme - does that mean they plan on doing jack all for aggrieved customers until the implementation date?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Will it impact profits? Thats the question to ask.

As this impacts profits they won't implement it early aka like now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no chance at all. any new law that comes in is very rarely retrospective. the only one in recent memory has been the ppi scandal.

if we assume we are in an alternate reality and it happened, sky,virgin etc would be paying out millions...and prices would go up for everyone. some smaller isps would go out of business.

any payout would start from the moment of implementation onwards. compensation scheme starts-problem starts-payout issued.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@KERRILDwrote:

Yes, that is why I want to know what Virgins current stance is on the scheme - does that mean they plan on doing jack all for aggrieved customers until the implementation date?

No, you asked for advice on how to claim £300. Answer - you can’t.

What you can do is the current process:

1. Formal complaint to Virgin Media;

2. Escalate to CISAS if unhappy with Virgin Media response and get deadlock letter.

0 Kudos