Menu
Highlighted
jgrn7030
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why?

I just want to give the required 30 days notice to cancel, I'm not asking much. So it took 5 mins for someone to answer, which is ok I get that they may be busy, but then because I didn't want to get into the reason for cancelling, I was told (despite already being through to the correct department) that my call was being passed to the correct person. That was 28 minutes and 40 seconds ago. Is this really the kind of spiteful behaviour Virgin now resorts to, to try and prevent people from leaving? I will pay the bill upto 20th June and nothing after that. As far as I am concerned, Virgin have had their 30 day notice, they just refused to accept it.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why?

If you want your credit rating trashed and debt collectors calling that's the way to go 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

jgrn7030
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply dannylau.

I am acutely aware that they would probably trash my credit rating and send debt collectors after me, but I see you haven't made any suggestions as to how to get them to cancel in the first place?

Given that the whole reason behind me posting is that they are giving me the run around, your post was not helpful

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jgrn7030,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear this. 

Our multiple contact methods can be found here if you weren't happy with calling in: virg.in/VMcontact.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Consider making Ofcom aware of the issue by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom.

Virgin Media's Terms and conditions (under section N, point 1.2) state ending the agreement in writing can be made to the following address:

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support
Diamond Plaza
Daleside Road
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG2 3GG

Be aware of early cancellation charges if still within the minimum contract period

Use a postal service that provides confirmation of delivery, for instance Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery service; 30 days notice period starts from receipt.

Also consider whether it is appropriate to quote your account password (the one quoted when calling Virgin Media)  in your cancellation letter to confirm you are the account holder.

jgrn7030
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Luckily, I am not in a contract anymore so early cancellation fees wouldn't apply.

I did hang up and try again in the evening and got through to somebody. I have to say though the service was just as inadequate.

I had to do the math for him, he kept getting it wrong, from the amount owed on the final bill, to the days from when the current bill ran to, and then the days remaining between that and the cancellation date.

He also told me that a bag would be sent to me and if I didn't send the router back I would be charged £40.00.

I asked how long I would have to send the router back and he wouldn't tell me. I am being serious....his response was "could be months or not, depends on the circumstances" I pushed several times expecting an answer such as 14 or 28 days but I could not get an appropiate answer from him. I am still unsure what he meant by circumstances.....

I am still waiting for the email confirmation that was promised.

It was not a good experience, which is a shame, but firmly cemented my decision to leave Virginmedia. What I didn't put in my original post is, I have actually tried 4 times this week (and it's only Wednesday) to cancel this.

I will be following it up with a recorded delivery letter as you have advised, as although I have the call log, I am not confident in Virginmedia doing as they should.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you had to call us again to get your account cancelled and that we couldn't make it simpler for you. We'll pass this feedback on to them to improve our customer services.

With regards to the equipment return, please see this link for more information and let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
jgrn7030
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok so I logged into my account today and despite sending me the bag to return the equipment in I see that Virgin have not applied the 30 day notice as requested. In fact they have just carried on billing.

So not only did they pull the stunt that they did in the first place which led me to this forum, but then lied further when I called back to cancel the service as detailed in my original post.

What is wrong with Virginmedia??!!  If I want to leave, then I want to leave, these bullying tactics are unacceptable.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello jgrn7030
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
Let me know if you wish to do so 
Regards 
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
jgrn7030
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gareth,

I am more than happy for you to look into this, I will tell you at this point that I have raised a complaint with resolutions.

0 Kudos