Menu
stoo13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Why is online chat never available?

As above. What is the point in offering a service that is never available? I have literally checked it every couple of days for 2 months & not once has the option been available. The ironic thing is, I actually want to discuss UPGRADING my package - giving this company more of my money! I must be mad.

And please don't tell me to phone 150. Tried that. Almost died of boredom whilst waiting in a queue to then speak to someone who didn't even know what "Ultimate Oomph" is. 

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is online chat never available?

Consider there is a limited amount of agents who monitor the chat support, and they can only deal with so many customers per hour, if people trying to get support tries to do so when all the agents are tied up, then obviously chat won't be available.  It would be nice to see a chat queue in place to show waiting time and place in queue.

Chat does work but you just get to be there at the right time for it.

Majide!
stoo13
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. That is certainly a fair point you make about the number of agents available but perhaps VM need to look at increasing these numbers to meet customer demand? I totally agree with your suggestion about a chat queue showing the waiting time. That would be very helpful and put an end to the current shambolic confusion that the online chat offers.

0 Kudos
stoo13
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

To update further, I've checked 4 times every day for the past week and not once has the chat been available. An absolute shambles of a company.

I guess I will need to phone after all, but it will be to cancel not upgrade as I don't believe in rewarding terrible service with my business.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi stoo13

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties getting through to us.

We'd like to help with your package change. We have a range of alternative contact options detailed here

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
stoo13
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Tried calling again, waited 40 mins in a queue then got hung up on without speaking to anyone. I've escalated this to your complaints dept. Let's see if they can be bothered to reply.

This is truly the worst customer service that I have ever experienced in my life.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've been driven to raising a complaint with us.

The complaint will be picked up and we will attempt to call you where we will be able to process the cancellation for you, if you'd like to take that route.

Alternatively, we would be able to discuss your Media package and make the required adjustments for you

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
stoo13
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well, I raised a complaint via the website on 16/7/19 and of course........I've had no reply whatsoever. 

I am keeping records of every attempted contact I've made with you so it can be passed to the relevant ADR in due course. Once again, I am absolutely disgusted at the level of service you are providing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about the experience you've had with us stoo13.

Have you been given a reference for your complaint? I can look into your complaint using that reference and get an update for you.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
stoo13
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No, they never gave me a reference, just the following automated reply.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear something about our service is making you unhappy. When something has gone wrong, we want to know so that we can put it right as quickly as we can for you. 

What next?
  • Our Resolutions Team will review your complaint and aim to reply with our findings and resolution. 

• If you answered the security questions incorrectly we'll get in touch, using your preferred contact method, to verify your identity, so we can look into your complaint. If we can't verify your identity, we'll send a letter to your home address; this process may take over 7 days. 

Resolving your complaint
  • If you are happy with our proposed resolution, please let us know and we will close your complaint. If you don't consider the resolution suitable, let us know and we will follow our Complaint Resolution Code of Practice and escalate your complaint. If we don't hear back from you within 28 days of sending our resolution, we will close your complaint as resolved. 

Kind regards,

Virgin Media Customer Resolutions team
0 Kudos