cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why hasn't my broadband speed increased?

TerryEnf
Tuning in

as an o2 customer followed the link and went into an O2 shop around a month ago and no change to my internet-still at 100mbs.

Spoke to 'thinking of leaving us' who helpfully fixed my contract so that moving to Sky no longer an option and they promised upgrade from 100 to 200 within two hours. That was a week ago, I've even rebooted the hub

9 REPLIES 9

TerryEnf
Tuning in

Followed the link around a month ago and as nothing happened went into an O2 shop who confirmed request made.

A month later called 'thinking of leaving us' at Virgin, helpful guy improved my renewal  terms so that Sky no longer a worthwhile option and promised 100mb-to 200 within a few hours.

That was a week ago, I've rebooted hub but speed stays firmly at 100 mbps

Any options...can't face queue for customer service again

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TerryEnf,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues setting up your Volt package at first! 

Can you tell us if your O2 account is showing a data increase as a result of your Volt package? Did you sign up for Volt on your MyO2 app or when you were in the O2 shop? Let us know so we can help further. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I followed the link sent by Virgin and the O2 staff member checked by using my phone so I suspect this was the O2 app. Your Virgin staff member while setting up my renewal deal explained that O2 had not informed you yet but as he said he could set up the 200 mbps that afternoon I trusted him at his word.

thanks for your prompt reply.

• To be honest I use little data so can’t be sure if it has increased or not!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TerryEnf 

Do you have a new contract saying you have M200 when you sign into My Virgin Media at the top of the page?

Have you checked your hub Configuration tab to see what the Max Traffic Rate is set at under Advanced Settings > Tools >  Network Status >  and click on the Configuration tab?

downstream speeddownstream speed

It's also possible that if the speed has been updated that your computer network card is only set to 100 MBps so your speed won't go above 100

network speednetwork speed

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That's all very interesting , thank you

Thanks for coming back to us @TerryEnf and I'm sorry that your package speed hasn't yet been increased. 

I have passed this onto the team to be looked into as our system hasn't fully updated yet and that is why your speed increase hasn't yet happened.

I hope that we can get this done today for you, I will let you know as soon as I have any further updates.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you Steven

You're very welcome @TerryEnf and I hope to have good news for you very soon. 

Regards,

Steven_L