cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my cancelled contract been renewed today?

Omaranwar
Tuning in

As mentioned in a previous post, I cancelled my VM contract as I did not get a good renewal offer. I got the cancellation confirmed via email and it is due to end 20th feb 2023. 

I just recieved an email today with new contract info as of todays date 30th jan 2023.

I really cant fathom how that can be....someone please reach out as I have bloody cancelled for a reason.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Omaranwar 

According to post 13 in your other thread <<< here >>>  it looks like you agreed to a new deal and contract.

@Omaranwar wrote:

Hey thanks for your reply. I actually have an update regarding the whole situation. 

A vm retentions member infact called me today and I had a friend talk for me, and long story short he offered me 1gig broadband and an o2 sim with unlimited everything + a stream box for £39. Pretty happy with that as I dont have to cancel anymore and have a new set up installed.

Not sure how useful the stream box is as I have a 4k max firestick but it was free so a no brainer. Glad to be getting the new hub 5 also.

If you have changed your mind about that new contract then you need to call up again under the 14 day distance selling rules and cancel the new contract. You will then be placed back onto your old contract and have to give 30 days notice again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That is a new contract they offered my partner as a new customer, starting the day after my disconnection date.

My current one ending on 29th jan for what I have a disconnection email has not been altered by myself, and I got an email today stating a new contract terms starting today.

Why or how can this happen without my say so..especially since it has been cancelled 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

has the same email address been used for both accounts?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

i believe so yes, although it should not be. The contract sent to me today is for a different amount and deal, but the same account number as I have had leading up to me cancelling

Hi there @Omaranwar, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that your contract has been renewed when it should've been cancelled. I can certainly understand the frustration with this.

I will be happy to take a look at this for you. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules