cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I re register with the same email address ?

DIYTess
Tuning in

Hi there,

I called customer services and they were adamant to the point of being cross with me that I cannot return to Virgin and register with my same email address, I must instead create a new email address and register with that one. I don't believe this to be true as Virgin are a more forward thinking company.

Can you please help me?

Thanks,

TessScreenshot 2022-06-23 at 17.58.44.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for confirming this DIYTess. Let's give the move and transfer of the details a try then. 
Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DIYTess  As I understand it a referral to the IT team may be able to get the old address transferred to the new My VM account.

This may have changed following the removal of VM email provision for new customers.

The VM Forum Team should be able to advise further when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DIYTess
Tuning in

Hi again,

Would anyone out there know how I can get referred to the IT team so that they can look into my query? I tried with the CS team after calling 150 and waiting 20 mins on hold, but they simply told me to get a new email which I find totally nonsensical.

cheers

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DIYTess

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issue with registering your online account. 

We can try to see if a move and transfer of your older accounts login in details can be moved across to your new account. There are a couple of criteria that must be followed for this process to completed. Firstly, the account holder name on both the old and new account, must be the same. We must also be able to pass account security on both the older and newer accounts. 

Can you confirm that you would be able to pass security on both accounts and that the accounts are in the same person's name?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi Carley,

I think I should pass the security on both old and new accounts. My maiden name is Vaz and married name is Bishopp but otherwise unless the old one is a joint VM account, all details should be the same.

Please please do try a move & transfer. I appreciate your help with this.

Tess

Thank you for confirming this DIYTess. Let's give the move and transfer of the details a try then. 
Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi Carly,

I am having the same issue. Can you guide me through the process please?

Sorry but I am still chuckling at the first post where VM is described as a ‘forward thinking company’

OK now what happens is that when you originally sign up with VM, your email address is used as a ’user name’. So if you subsequently leave and later return and try to use the same email address, then the system sees that as being ‘that username already exists’ (even if it is ages old), choose another one!

Some people have claimed this is some sort of GDPR violation - hint, it isn’t. But it is annoying and the only way around it is for the VM IT people to do a bit of manual manipulation behind the scenes to disassociate the address with your old, defunct account and re-associate it with your new one. Something which the forum team here should be able to initiate.

Hi,

I moved house and have had this same issue.

I don't want to set up.a new email address.

Please can I get some help please.

This is stressing me out not being able to access my account

Regards

Jack 

Hi Carley, I have the exact same problem ! Please could you help🙏