cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are you charging me for service beyond the disconnection date?

bullough
Joining in

I gave notice on 30th January 2023. Account termination is on 1st march 2023. Virgin Media have presented a bill for service from 26th February 2023 to 25th March 2023. They say I owe £55.25, I actually owe £9.21.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bullough 

Virgin continue to bill you as usual until your disconnection is complete. This helps to make sure your final month of service isn’t interrupted.

You will therefore probably see charges that go beyond your disconnection date, normally because your cancellation date takes effect mid billing cycle.

Once your services are fully disconnected VM recalculate what you’ve used and send an adjusted final bill  detailing any credits you may have for the services you haven't  used. They then refund those monies by cheque

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/mobile-billing-explained 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @bullough 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry for any confusion regarding your bill and a big thank you to newapollo who has already explained this. Just to confirm, you are billed as normal up until the day of your disconnection after which you would receive a final bill with a refund for any services paid for but not used.

This final bill will be generated after your disconnection date. 

Please do let me know if you have any further issues at all regarding this.