cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are you charging me for Netflix

Voluptasse1
Tuning in

I have been billed for Netflix when I have my own Netflix and pay for it through them. I cannot afford to pay this twice, I want it cancelled now please. You have no right to do this.

24 REPLIES 24

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Voluptasse1, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that you are being charged for Netflix. In order for this to be added to your bill, someone would have needed to have logged into the Netflix account and updated the payment details to pay through Virgin Media. There would have been a few confirmation pages and the PIN would have also needed to be entered. 

The Netflix billing isn't something we can activate from here. It's worth checking your V6 box to see if the account logged in matches the account you're also paying for through them as usually once you opt to pay through Virgin Media, the payment is then not taken separately too so if this is happening, it sounds as though you've created a new account rather than logging in to an existing account. 

To cancel paying Netflix through your Virgin Media bill, you will need to log in to the Netflix account directly through them and either cancel the account or update the payment details to another method. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I logged into my OWN Netflix which asked me to put a pin in as for some reason you had kicked me out. I would like this removed immediately please. I am struggling already and I cannot afford to pay for Netflix twice. 

Hi Voluptasse1, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming it was your own Netflix account. If this is the case then when you've selected to pay via your Virgin Media bill this would take over the original payment method on file so you wouldn't have paid twice for the same month. You can check this in your Netflix billing. 

As mentioned above, to remove Virgin Media as your billing option, you'll need to log in to your Netflix account and update your payment method. We're unable to start or stop the billing from here. It has to be done directly via Netflix. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I really don’t understand why you have done this and created problems for people. I had no issue before using the app as normal. 

ridiculous. 

Hi Voluptasse1, 

Thanks again for replying. 

I think there may be some confusion here. This isn't something we could have done. The only way this can be added is on the physical box itself. We are not able to add Netflix billing to your account at all from this end. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

No there is no confusion. I signed into Netflix and you have added it to my bill. It’s crystal clear.

Hi @Voluptasse1 thanks for your reply.

As mentioned, if you have signed into Netflix via Virgin Media, it is Netflix who add this to your Virgin Media bill - we do not interfere here.

Please kindly contact Netflix and they can resolve things for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

JAFFAORANGE47
Tuning in

Exactly same here. Being charged for Netflix when it's already included in my bundle. 

a moment ago

Exactly same here. Being charged for Netflix when it's already included in my bundle. Called you three times now. You said you would refund me this month for last month but on this month's bill you e charged me again. I'm 76 years old. Why are you doing this. If you don't sort this you can cancel my contract and I'll go back to sky. Your calls are recorded. You promise things that you never follow through with.