cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are complaints being ignored?

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

Why is there no proper complaints procedure?

All calls are referred to the sales team who have no incentive to resolve your complaint.

Complaints are completely ignored with not even an acknowledgement.

The tracking is one way only and often disappears without trace.

Who can you complain to when your complaint is ignored?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @uzi2uzi2, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry you've had problems recently without a resolution too.

I'm just going to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some further details, just so I can look into this in a bit more detail.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly, and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength
I have a similar issue, which has been escalated to a complaint.
This is currently being completely ignored and there is no way to contact the complaint handler.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the issue you've got?

It sounds account/package related but you've not explained. Other users may be able to advise, and/or forum staff can potentially assist.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: read Virgin Media's complaints Code of Practice; should they not resolve the complaint within specified time frame proceed to independent adjudication stage.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

Yes it is accounts/package related. The contract is different to that which was agreed. I contacted them immediately and was promised it would be corrected within 24 hours. numerous phone calls with similar promises and full details provided on the web form. more than a month has gone by and the contract remains unaltered and incorrect. The complaint tracker is now a month old and shows "We're working on a solution to your issue We'll be in touch soon." dated 21/01/22

ajg007
On our wavelength

I'd suggest maybe using https://www.resolver.co.uk  instead.   You can keep a record of the conversation and it also keeps track of when you can escalate the issue higher.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @uzi2uzi2, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry you've had problems recently without a resolution too.

I'm just going to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some further details, just so I can look into this in a bit more detail.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly, and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

Virgin Media has decided not to accept complaints raised via Resolver. As a result, the CISAS is unable to consider complaints raised with Virgin Media via Resolver.

We think this is a shame, as we believe consumers should have many options to access support when raising their issues. However, if you decide to use Resolver, you'll still be able to access our rights guides and template letters to assist with your complaint.

Please contact Virgin Media directly in addition to making a Resolver case. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

This gets worse as my original complaint and the follow ups have been closed in the tracker on the basis that I haven't been in contact despite my phone calls and follow ups on the web form. I am being ignored and my complaint remains unresolved.

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

Thanks to the sterling efforts of @Tom_W1, this now appears to have been resolved, but the original incorrect contract remains in place.

As yet nobody has offered an answer to the subject of this thread. If anybody is reading this because they have similar issues, I would highly recommend that you post on this forum and hopefully it will be picked up in a similar way.