cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why? Why? Why?

Ianstevo
Joining in

On the 20/01/2022 Virgin 

Media went dow at 1030pm and didnt come back online after 3pm 15hrs later. I was supposed to work from home that day andwasnt able to. Got may bill the other day and have been charged a full months service. This is disgusting according to VM your service has to be down for 2 days before your compensated. So if richard branson or his company lost money cause their services went down for that long due to a third party the i am sure they wod be as mad as i am.

Why when we are all struggling with bills does the cost of your services go up when you try and reduce the services you have. That is totally immoral and the virgin staff are useless as per norm either poor quality lines so its near imlossible to hear them or somone whos firat language is not english so the are bae rely undertandable and you spen most of the call telling them to repeat themselevs. If your going to outsource customer servi es then as a MEDIA company where COMMUNICATION is you product and your customer base is in the uk. 1 get better lines installed and 2 make sure yku check you ca  u derstand what your staff are saying before unleashing them on the general public.

3 playing the same 3 song while you stuck onhold over a tinny sounding line is tourture especially after 45mins.

9 REPLIES 9

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At least you now know the terms and conditions for compensation on this residential service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For as long as I can remember, VM have operated multi-bundle discounting. The more services you take, the greater the discounts offered.

The reasonable opposite is that when you remove services, the discounts also reduce in generosity.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ianstevo, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your loss of service looked into, I am sorry if this caused some frustration.

I understand this caused some disruption for you over the 15 hours that it was down and you're disheartened to see that your bill did not have a credit to reflect this. 

I have a link to our auto compensation scheme here 👉 Automatic Compensation Scheme - You'll see that this does not kick in until a full 48 hours has passed since the start of the total loss of service. It also does not cover intermittent loss of service. 

We of course want to offer the best possible service to our customers as possible, however we cannot guarantee a faultless service unfortunately so issues like this do crop up. 

I hope this helps to explain how we handle this kind of situation. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan

Thats why thousands of people are leaving virgin media and why i will be leaving very soon. With you and your colleagues hiding behind red tape. 15 hours included me supposed to be working from home so i fell behind with my work. 48 hours loss of service is a bad excuse for you to rip people off and the fact that your supposedly 600mb internet is never even near 300mb on a good is also a reason i am off. I hope other people see this message and do the same as me.why do you not

Listen to your customers is it because you just dont care because you will just hook new ones in on a good deal only to treat them like dirt when they are hooked. We have been virgin customers for 17 years and its rediculous the way thing keep getting worse so enough is enough!!!!

I know it's frustrating when the connection goes down (indeed that's why I'm no longer a VM customer.  But, although I'm famous for putting the boot in to VM, it is not a reasonable expectation that you'll have a fully resilient service for a business or even residential service, unless you're prepared to pay for redundant connections and service guarantees.  And if you wanted a service with (for example) a six hour fix time and compensation for anything over that, you'd need to pay a fortune for that. 

Things go wrong, they take time to diagnose and fix.  That's why the regulator allows two full working days before you're due anything.  If you have a history of unreliability, that's a different matter and you can ask for compensation outside of the Ofcom automatic compo scheme, although you'll likely need to (a) have very good records showing persistent loss of service, and (b) to take the complaint to the Ombudsman. 

For anybody who has no office working option, whose boss is sufficiently unforgiving, or whose work (or indeed leisure) use is sufficiently essential to them, then it makes sense to run two independent connections (eg two from VM, Openreach, alnets, depending on local availability), one as the primary and fastest connection, the other the least expensive alternative.  If you had for example, a secondary broadband connection for £40 a month, that's just over a quid a day for much greater resilience.  If you don't want to pay that, then the reliability isn't that important to you.

And one final observation, other ISPs operate to the same Ofcom rules, and broadly similar reliability.  

I wasnt takking to you fella i was talking to a virgin media team member and if your not a virgin media customer anymore why are you on a virgin media chat site go away!!!!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ianstevo  Your response to @Andrew-G  is unacceptable.

He gave the facts of the matter and good advice.

You don’t like the truth so get abusive. Grow up.

@Ianstevo wrote:

I wasnt takking to you fella i was talking to a virgin media team member and if your not a virgin media customer anymore why are you on a virgin media chat site go away!!!!

1) It's a public forum, with input from VM staff, not a chat option.  If you want private chat with first line VM agents, then there's a Whatsapp service.

2) I'm explaining why VM aren't going to pay anything and don't have to pay anything in the hope that helps you accept what's happened, I'm also offering advice on what you can do if the problem is persistent, and pointing out that going elsewhere won't get you either better average reliability, nor get you compensation in similar circumstances.  That's called "helpful advice".

3) But if you want to rant, fair enough, you'll just have to put up with other forum members contributions; You can tell people where to go, and if you're rude enough the mods will lock the thread and/or suspend the account of anyone not complying with forum rules.  Your choice.

Hi,

Please keep things respectful in this thread. If you want to continue a discussion, please either take it to Private Messages or discuss in our Chatter forum. Please also note that further off-topic posting may result in individual warnings, review the Forum Guidelines for more information.

Thanks