cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where’s my refund !!!

Fuddy_Mucker
Tuning in

WHERES MY REFUND??? 

After many years with virgin media I felt that I had no choice but to leave due to ongoing poor customer service, poor service levels on reliability for broadband and tv, zero chance of getting an engineer to visit your home to explore why I’m having these issues and extortionate prices and price rises.

I now give my hard cash to Sky Glass and have not had one single issue from sign up to now!! 

Cut a long story short ……..

30 days notice was given on 1st February 2022, Disconnection date was 2nd March 2022, All equipment has been returned and verified as returned via email,  bill was paid for £104.00 on 30/02/2022 with resulted in a final bill being produced on the 14/03/22 with a credit of £77.57. 

After 3 requests to get this credit refunded back to me I and still waiting over a month and yet more broken promises and no refunds I’m now looking at issuing County Court proceeding against virgin media before the end of the week is out to recover the amount owed plus interest and court costs.

Has any one else had these issues. Ironically if I failed to pay my final bill they sent I would of been charged a missed payment fee and had a unpaid strike on my credit reference report!! 

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Being polite. It takes around 45 days for your outstanding credit to be returned to your account address by cheque.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That and other useful details can be found here How to get a refund | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Fuddy_Mucker
Tuning in

There’s my point ! What justification does virgin have in withholding my money for so long? Because 45 days is actually covering  TWO billing periods with virgin, which if I withheld payment for that long I would incur TWO late payment fees!! 

I’m so glad that like many thousands (see internet reviews and forums!) I’ve decided to leave this ever decreasing company! Just want my money back and delete all knowledge of the existence of Virgin Media.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do then consider raising these concerns first with Virgin Media here, How to make a complaint | Virgin Media, and then seek further advice from:

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Fuddy_Mucker

Welcome to our Community Help Forum. 

Thank you for making your first post regarding the negative experience you had with us, I'm so sorry to hear you were disappointed with our broadband and TV, and the customer service you received. That's not the high standard of service we aim to provide, I apologise.

Regarding your refund, it can take up to 45 days for the cheque to arrive. Please do get back in touch if the cheque has not arrived by then and we can look into this further.

Best wishes,

Serena

Well 45 days are up, actually 48 to be precise. After Numerous promises of “you will get your refund”, via email, text chat, phone calls, all of which have either been recorded, screenshot or saved, I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND!! Absolutely disgusting!! 
So virgin rip off merchants have left me no choice but to pursuit them through the small claims court.

I have just filed a financial claim against them via the governments online court portal, this includes the monies owing, interest, court costs and out of pocket costs such as phone calls, letters, etc, all evidence that I have collected has been submitted.

I will keep you posted as to what happens next, 

But for those that have been ripped off or had monies witheld by these crooks please, please, please fight them, they may be big but they still have to abide by the laws of the land, stand up to them it’s very easy and painless, A David and Goliath situation.

Oh I really do hope they don’t respond, acknowledge or fight it, get a judgement against them, and not pay that judgement, that way I can send in the High Court Enforcement team to get my monies back. Nothing would give me more pleasure.

Thanks for coming back to us  @Fuddy_Mucker.

I'm sorry for the ongoing issues with your cheque reaching you, I have looked into this and can see that the cheques was generated on the 7th and it should be with you very soon.

Regards,

Steven_L

Banaag4310
Joining in

Same problem though I was told my money would be refunded to my Direct Debit account on January 27th. Of course nothing. What’s the worst is Virgin could prorate bills but refuses to do so because then they can’t make more off of us. This is the most idiotic thing I have ever seen. Focus on keeping customers not insulting them. People leave because you are WAY over priced, service is unreliable and then customer service is the Worst. 

Hi Banaag4310, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your refund looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration - especially as it sounds like you left us after a bad experience. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

If this was a refund of pro-rata credits after you cancelled your account, this would be refunded 30 days after your account was closed - This is so that we can fully wrap up the final bills if there are any any give you the correct amount back. 

Also, if it was a BACS refund into your bank account, your direct debit would have had to stay open - Some customers prefer to cancel their direct debit after they cancel, especially if they've had unfortunate billing issues, so if that's the case the BACS refund wouldn't go through. 

If it was a cheque refund, it would take 31 days after your disconnection is cancelled for us to process the cheque, then a further 14 days to send out for delivery. 

I have a link here 👉 Refunds - Which has loads more information about refunds which may be helpful to have a read over 🙂

If you're still a little unsure about your own refund after reading all of this information I'll still be happy to help further!

Let me know.

Thanks,

Megan_L