cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is online chat?

Macc557
On our wavelength

I see people on here mentioning online chat. Where can I access this?

I have accessed it before via the "need more help" red box in the bottom right corner of the screen in the My Account section but it doesn't seem to be there anymore (for me at least). 

16 REPLIES 16

paultechy
Alessandro Volta
this is done via a private link, if need to have a quick discussion, there is a online chat with customer services via e.g http://contact.virginmedia.com

I'm wanting to message VM and I went to your link but can't find how to do that from there can you clarify please?

Open Reach FTTP via ZEN 100mbs

Hi paultechy, thanks for getting in touch. You can contact us here  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus alternatively you can send us a text message on 0753 305 1809 ^JS

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Jodi_S that is where the previous link took me but it gives phone numbers not chat or message.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

The number provided by Jodi is for the messaging team Macc557 who will be happy to assist further. What is it you're looking to discuss with them?

Rob

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

My contract is up on 27 June and new price will be double other providers including someone starting with VM as I phoned Accounts and told I had to wait untill the 27 June and phone again.  So I wanted to be sure I could set up with an alternative provider now and not charged excit fees.

Hello dmparks38

As we require 30 days notice to cancel an account you should have been able to give this when you called. If you message the team on 0753 305 1809 or give them a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 4 they'll be happy to help.

In regards to exit fee's, as you have advised you're in the last few days of your contract they shouldn't be applicable but the agent you speak to will be able to give you an exact figure.

Rob

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Thanks.

I can of course just let new Provider tell you if no exit fee.

A good idea to make sure, will I get a UK person? ( Last weeks person was hard to follow that's why I wanted to chat or Message.)

Will only be gone 12 month will be back when I qualify for a new customer price.    (Yes it's crazy.)

In all honesty dnparks38 we would request the cancellation yourself when speaking to the team, other providers can't cancel services like TV and broadband as this is an account holder only action. 

If you're looking to transfer a landline number to a new provider, then once this has been completed it would automatically cancel that service  but to help prevent any unwanted financial surprises we'd always recommend cancelling them yourself.

Rob