Menu
Maytab1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When will my area get fiber broadband

Hello I want to know when will my area get fiber broadband I live in town but the highest speed we can get is only 3mps which is soo slow like dial up the area I’m in is cv1 3ax I’m very surprised they don’t do broadband in this area which is in town.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will my area get fiber broadband

What you would need is described as infill. Because of the nature of infill it is vastly more expensive than cabling whole new areas, as there is a lot smaller return for the outlay. The current budget for infill has been exhausted, so you would be looking at several years hence before VM would be looking at new projects. Also if you are only a few houses surrounded by a lot of businesses, infill may not be economically viable.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Maytab1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I been waiting past 6/7 years but still no luck I don’t think they ever gonna have broadband in this area 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Maytab1 wrote:

I been waiting past 6/7 years but still no luck I don’t think they ever gonna have broadband in this area 

You may get it from Openreach eventually, but Openreach don’t carry VM services.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
Maytab1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I checked every company 

BT,VIRGIN,VODAFONE  

all big companies none of them do it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maytab1,

Thank you for your post, sorry to hear our cables don't yet reach your property. There are some great answers from @nodrogd, so I won't go into too much detail.

We are continuously investing in our services and our cables now reach about 60% of UK premises, in comparison to nearly 90% covered by Openreach. Unfortunately, more remote areas or pockets of suburbs may have a longer wait due to the expense and logistics of reaching them. If you haven't already, you can register your interest in our services online http://virg.in/checker and we'll be sure to keep you posted with any future updates 🙂 

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Maytab1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’ve already registered my interest about 3years ago 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming. It may be worth doing this again as we are in the middle of an expansion project, reaffirming this interest may help to raise further awareness of your plight.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos