Menu
Erika71
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When is Virgin coming to my street

Hi, I have been waiting and hoping that we will get Virgin on our street for long time. I know they are doing a lot of work in Burgess Hill, but please could you answer if they are planning to cable up RH15 9BY.

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: When is Virgin coming to my street

Hi Erika71,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 
We already have a full 2019 roll out planned as well as some of 2020 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Erika71, 

Thanks for your patience on this. 

The team have come back to me today to advise the following: I have looked at this premise and is part of the Burgess Hill (Phase 3) project. This address is under NBU 58589 and packs are with the build contractor.

I have forwarded this on to someone else to take a look at to see if we can get any estimate of dates Smiley Happy Once I hear more I will be back in touch with you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Spaceman1
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I’m moving within Burgess Hill in the next few weeks from an area with fibre already in place. I need to make a decision on provider for the next property, if I knew Virgin would be at the new place at some future date the decision would be easy! How can we generally discover ‘where next’?

fingers crossed!

Best wishes

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

I'm afraid there isn't really a where next. We get the information and can pass along the updates however I've had no further updates on this one yet. 

Plans are in place and it's with the build contractor however there are still so many things that can go wrong. 

Either way you're still looking at 6 months plus before a service will be available - and that's if everything goes to plan Smiley Happy

As soon as I have any further information, I shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Erika71
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for all your help. Looks like getting the Virgin media is closer than expected as they have been digging on our street this week Smiley Happy

Best wishes Erika

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Erika, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. Hopefully our services will be available in your area soon! 

If you have any further queries please feel free to get back in touch. 

All the best, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Spaceman1
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is I'm very sad to have to report that I signed an 18 month contract with Sky on the content of your reply. 15 days later I got a letter asking for permission to dig up the road outside my house. So, lost customer for at least 18 months. Why didn't you know what was actually going on?

Disappointed Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any disappointment caused Dave, losing a customer is the last thing we want too. Unfortunately it's just not information that we're privy too here. Hopefully we can make this up to you at some point in future. 

Tom_F

0 Kudos