Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp Customer / Call centre disconnect

sad_new_custome
Joining in

Hi Forums Team

Please help me 

It's a long story but here goes, I'll summarize it as best as i can

I wanted to take up an offer virgin media do for retentions for customers who cancel ( which i happend to cancel a recent order) of a fantastic price of £18 for 350mb! 

Called up the number who offered this  ( retentions ) they told me as my account wasn't live they couldn't apply it, but could do once my account was live - Placed my order - They weren't able to do it until it's installed,

Thankfully your whatsapp team has opened a complaint and will correct this for me, but i just wished to document my experience, i am also annoyed at only getting a HUB 3 not the HUB 5 others are getting - is this something you can arrange for me my complaint number would youlike that? i would rather deal with your team on forums as whatsapp seems all over the place 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sad_new_custome 

The Forum Team are unable to order hub 5's. It isn't on general release yet.

You can try the following link and see if you are chosen to take part in the current hub 5 and WiFi pods trial

QuickStart-set-up-and/Hub-5-and-WiFi-Pods-trial-Apply-here 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sad_new_customer, thank you for reaching out and warm welcome to the community.

Okay, so with the Hub 5 they are still in a soft launch mode and as it stands it's only available to limited customers for the time being

You can read up more about it here. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jem101
Superstar

@sad_new_custome wrote:

Snip...

I wanted to take up an offer virgin media do for retentions for customers who cancel ( which i happend to cancel a recent order) of a fantastic price of £18 for 350mb! 

...Snip

Indeed it is so fantastic that I doubt it will ever happen!

Firstly forget about the Hub 5, it (still) isn’t on general release yet, which considering it has been out on a ’trial’ basis for the past six months or so, might or might not, give you some indication of just how stable and reliable it is, so you might well conclude that not having one is 'dodging a bullet’.

Anyhow, as I understand it you cancelled, yes? and got a call back from retentions offering you 350 Mb/s for the low, low cost of £18 a month - is that right? Now if so, did you accept it at that time immediately? If so then legally VM are obliged to honour it, if not, and you said something like ‘I’ll think about it and let you know’ well then, I’m afraid the offer has now been withdrawn and you won’t get it!

The outbound retention offers are a one time, accept it right now or sorry but it’s gone. No thinking about it, no calling back later, right now; yes or no?

Actually having spoke to that team they were happy to do it. If anything it's not that cheap considering fttp providers over way more speeds for not much more. Lastly, I spent numerous hours to chase this up, there's a lack of organisation, ie left hand doesn't talk to the right

Hi sad_new_custome, 

Thank you for getting back in touch.

We apologise for any time spent chasing this matter up but we it is great to hear you have been able to speak to the team and they have been able to help. 

If you require any assistance in the future, please do get back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Nat