cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the address to send written cancellations to?

TresFrustre
Up to speed

Had to choose French translation of Veryfrustrated as my user name as the English is perhaps unsurprisingly already taken!

I sent a cancellation letter using Royal Mail's 1st class signed for service to Virgin Media Sales Operations Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG2 3GG. This is the address for written cancellations stated in the latest Terms & Conditions on the Virgin Media website.

I check with Royal Mail's track & trace facility. Royal Mail's reply is Sorry, we were unable to deliver this item at 15-01-2022 as the recipient is no longer at that address. We're returning the item to the sender.

Please would someone "in the know" explain.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TresFrustre,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I just wanted to confirm we have now updated our website to reflect the correct address, which is:

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

All of our contact information can be found here: https://virg.in/VMcontact

Kind regards,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

TresFrustre
Up to speed
Right. Now found out the answer to my own question!

According to the Nottingham Post website The Diamond Plaza, Nottingham site is now just used to house VM's technical equipment. Only 7 personnel work there and presumably they don't accept post addressed to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support.

From my perspective I have given due notice of cancellation as provided in the terms & conditions. It's not my concern that VM have failed to update the T&C's.

Full marks for your detective work in tracking down the newspaper article. Suggest you report your experience here

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

on how difficult it is to leave VM.

A company still using an address which has all but closed and not having reliable processes for dealing with any mail sent there sounds like something from an edition of Watchdog's 'Rouge Traders'!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@goslow wrote:

<snip> A company still using an address which has all but closed and not having reliable processes for dealing with any mail sent there sounds like something from an edition of Watchdog's 'Rouge Traders'!

And I'm going to claim my ‘Rogue Traders’ typo was deliberate and in keeping with the OP's French language theme!! 😊 (Kindly highlighted by the OP via PM!)

Hi there @TresFrustre

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened! 

I'd be happy to take a look into the account with you and see what we can arrange, just to make sure everything is cancelled for you. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can do so, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Merci beaucoup

Actually I sent my cancellation letter to this address in yesterdays post as well.  I know I'm not French but could you send me a help full message/link as well? Si'lVous Plaits?

Thank you so much for connecting with me via the PM and I'm so glad that this disconnection has been booked and scheduled though we are so sorry to see you go!

If you need any further assistance then please don't hesitate to reach out via the forums and we will do all we can to assist! 

Thank you again.

Despite some initial misgivings in private messaging a VM representative on here, Ash has looked into my situation and speedily answered my queries. Ash's writing "style" comes across as naturally friendly. I like to give credit where credit's due. To receive such assurances on a Sunday morning is a credit to VM. Now just have to wait and see if my transfer goes smoothly.

Excellent news. I read somewhere yesterday, perhaps on this forum that change is a coming.

. As you all know It's easy-ish to switch suppliers if your on open reach network, you just pick your new supplier and they pretty much take care of the switch for you. Not so easy on Virgin. They have an unfair advantage where the customer has to phone them up to cancel and organize dates. So what? Well if you don't actually pick up the phone and your customers "give up" that's a pretty nifty way if retaining customers and certainly gives you an advantage over other suppliers who have to make the process as easy as possible.

Anyways I read Ofcom are intoducing a one click switching system which will now include the likes of VM makIng switching easier. I hope this is true.

Thanks for the info. Checked Ofcom's announcement. Good news but won't be fully implemented until April 2023. You're right - VM does have a competitive advantage at present.