cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can i do!? Where do i stand!?

BenWebster80
On our wavelength

Late June VM offered me a new tv, broadband, landline and o2 sim package. The TV channels included Sky sports, Sky cinema and Bt sports.

The price offered was £37 pm for 18 months. I accepted this deal over the phone. I made a record of the time of call, agents name, and the fact it lasted 2 hours 45 mins approximately. Next day I thought its too good to be true so I got onto WhatsApp chat with VM and the package was confirmed  - so I took a screenshot of this. 

I set up the box to find the premium channels were not there. I contacted VM again and complained. VM offered a reoccurring credit to my account to offset a new more expensive package cost.

I accepted the resolution. I got the channels originally offered but still no reoccurring credit to date - 11/8/22. Its been over 5 weeks of me constantly contacting VM. Many different agents saying the reoccurring credit would be applied and honoured. But still nothing.

I have multiple screenshots from the chats with VM showing proof.

Surely legally I have consumer rights!? 

What can  I do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you have rights - you've agreed a contract, VM have to honour that.  Staff here (when they get round to your post) can usually sort these sadly common problems out. 

If there's any difficulty with that, then you raise a formal complaint with VM (expecting it to be fobbed off).  If it is fobbed off, you reject the "resolution" and ask for a deadlock letter, and with that you escalate the matter to the industry complaints scheme CISAS.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you have rights - you've agreed a contract, VM have to honour that.  Staff here (when they get round to your post) can usually sort these sadly common problems out. 

If there's any difficulty with that, then you raise a formal complaint with VM (expecting it to be fobbed off).  If it is fobbed off, you reject the "resolution" and ask for a deadlock letter, and with that you escalate the matter to the industry complaints scheme CISAS.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your advice.

I have had at least 2 complaints (if not more) opened with VM on my behalf.

Still nothing happened. They again offered the resolution matching my initial offer but it was processed!

It's honestly unbelievable how they hook you in to a contract and don't give you it!

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BenWebster80, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us although I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue getting a the costs corrected on an already agreed package. 

When an error is made, any changed are usually reflected on the next bill however when adding a re-occurring credit, most agents don't realise that it actually goes on to the account the same day as the next bill is generated affectively missing that first bill so a one off credit is usually needed too. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Morning Kath.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

I have responded to your PM.

Looking forward to having this resolved. 

Thanks again 

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your private message. We only use this when swapping personal or account sensitive information so as it's just a general question, this can remain in the public space 🙂 

For now, Paramount+ is a streaming service that if you would like to add, you would need to sign up directly with them. This isn't something that is included in your VM subscription. 

If this changes, we'll be sure to let you know here

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the response. 

I dont get channel 4 hd. But 1,2, and 3 are in hd. Is this normal?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BenWebster80 wrote:

I dont get channel 4 hd. But 1,2, and 3 are in hd. Is this normal?

If you're in London, Channel-4 is in HD on 104. Anywhere else, it's in HD on 141 & SD on 104.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BenWebster80,

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you're unsure about the channels you're receiving. You can take a look at our Channel Guide on our website for more information about where each channel is. 

I can see @japitts also provided an explanation about where your Channel 4 HD could be located. Has this resolved your query? 

Is there anything else we can do to help? Please let us know.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team