Menu
MICK1965
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What a Joke VM actually are.

Phoned up today to initially renew my contract and find out my options. (contract ends 14 Feb)

Spoke to an unhelpful chap call Brian or was it Brain either way it probably was not his real name.

Anyway to cut a long story short. Brian's offerings were not acceptable to me, so I told him to just let the contract lapse.

But....get this..... apparently I have to do this exactly 30 days I mean exactly 30 days before, or I will incur charges.

Today, the fact that It's 33 days before the end, I was told I would be charged for ending my contract early.

No other company does this.

Is this Legal ?? I doubt it.

Virgin Media.... You are a Joke

0 Kudos
Jason080176
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: What a Joke VM actually are.

If you do cancel your contract cancel your direct debit at the same time as they'll make you wait 45days for a refund which they'll send using a relic from the last century (cheque) which won't turn up. 

There is 3 threads on this forum alone from people who still waiting form cancellations in October.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MICK1965 wrote:

But....get this..... apparently I have to do this exactly 30 days I mean exactly 30 days before, or I will incur charges.

Not so according to the terms and conditions where it states at least 30 days, see below:

How long does your agreement last? ⋮ - If you want us to stop providing the services at the end of
your minimum period you will need to give us at least
30 days’ notice as set out in Section N of the agreement.

[source: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html]

Consider making a complaint, online complaint form is located here, and/or making Ofcom aware of the issue by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom.

MICK1965
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

I have already filled out the complaint form.

Maybe filling out the ofcom complaint too depending if and when I get a reply.

I'm currently looking at other options, and see what happens when I phone back on there recommended day to cancel.

I honestly cant see why they cant do things in a decent and honest way. It would be sooo much better for business.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Brian may or may not have been his real name - depends where you got through to - if the UK then they are not in the habit of giving false names and there info is usually accurate - if you got through to offshore then anything is possible 

so only speak to the UK - try this - they are constantly changes the phone options but last time tried it got the UK - if not hang up and try again

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
MICK1965
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is basically how I got through.

Pretty sure it was a UK based place, as the guy had a heavy Scottish accent, hence his name is either Brian or Brain. Smiley Happy

But No his facts cannot be accurate, if the T&C use the wording "at least 30 days"

In hind sight it was if he was trying to get me to agree to his inflated prices so that I wouldn't incur these charges.

0 Kudos
Ash5896
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if I was lucky or if thats how they work. After I had given my 30 days notice a call today and they’ve matched the same price as a new customer would get. Hopefully you’ll get a call back.

reference the 30 day notice yes you Do need e to give 30 days notice as with most companies but I think it’s a bit silly trying to penalise you because you have 3 days remaining. I would put a complaint in as another poster has said it’s ridiculous now how they all walk all over you I’m pretty sure you will get a call once you’ve given your 30 days notice . I read post elsewhere someone else in a similar situation got a call the day before his contract ended and was given a better deal than he was originally on so you never know. I hope you do get what your looking for

ash 

0 Kudos