cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well ... I finally cancelled

armstrongfj
On our wavelength

As mentioned in another thread, after the shenanigans of the remote control, its time to recontract.

I spoke to a guy on Sunday who offered me a deal for the 1gb with phone of £57, we were reading the scripts to take the deal when his VOIP failed (although the call remained connected). I called back but all calls to tier 2 retentions were silent. 

So ... today, I ring up, a different deal was allegedly placed last week without my authority!

This has been unwound ... to the point where *all* services are cancelled on the 2nd of March.

Unfortunately the deal that was available yesterday is no longer on offer, the best deal today is £64. so £7 being seven pounds I have cancelled. Should any agent wish to retain the account, if the deal becomes available again, feel free to let me know.

I have to say, I'm disappointed in

1. Virgin Customer Support

2. Virgin's ability to support it's technicians support systems.

The original request was what phone and broadband can I have for £50, but the bar is now fixed at 1gb plus line for £57 or less. 

What a difference a day makes.

3 REPLIES 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Armstrongfj, 

I am truly sorry for your experience and that we have lost you as a customer. I am sorry that a deal was placed without your confirmation, did you receive an email about this?

Our deals change daily and may not be available the next day.

Zoie

Hi,

Thanks for your interest.

No there was no email over the misapplied contract extension, the only evidence is the recording of the conversation with customer services.

I have yet to receive the email regarding cancellation of service too.

I'm aware that deals are but fleeting. It's just a shame that the support agent was unable to complete the ritual reading of the script before the Virgin Support systems failed catastrophically.

Ah well.

Thanks for getting back to us armstrongfj,

I'm sorry once again for any confusion over what was offered,

Package changes aren't something we deal with via the forums, however so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm