cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Done Virgin! An Astonishing Achievement! Quite breathtaking!

HappyHappyHappy
Tuning in

I doubt many will be surprised to learn that I bitterly regret every day of the two and a half years, I've been a customer of Virgin Broadband. A more despicable business I hope I never encounter. Every single wretched encounter, seems designed to cause as much frustration and resentment as possible.

After dialing the new [ahem] 0345 number, the menu might as well offer me the chance to buy a pair of meat pyjamas as anything else, for all the good my choices will do.

The recording suggests I'd be better off using an SMS chatbot. After some hours I'm sent literal nonsense and links that er... don't work in an SMS.

Who knew?

After I "press 1 to take a hammer to your teeth" again, the recording now suggests I could cancel online and gives me an address.

But the page has moved.

Easy enough to figure out where the new "package upgrade" page is though. Except there is only a chirpy little message.

That tells me to phone instead.

So I "press 3 to eat a car battery" all over again and ultimately spend nearly ten hours on hold over the course of the next three evenings.

A bit less to be fair as I'm not "on hold", once I've been cut-off (twice this evening).

And now I learn my best bet is to write to them. Of course I can't just pop it in a letterbox at my convenience, because Virgin Broadband can't be trusted and I need to send it Recorded Delivery.

I'll probably spend my morning break queuing at the Post Office then. It'll be busier during my lunch break.

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HappyHappyHappy wrote:

The recording suggests I'd be better off using an SMS chatbot. After some hours I'm sent literal nonsense and links that er... don't work in an SMS.

Who knew?

After I "press 1 to take a hammer to your teeth" again, the recording now suggests I could cancel online and gives me an address.

But the page has moved.

Hi @HappyHappyHappy 

Are you based in Ireland by any chance? 

The reason I'm asking is that these community forums are for VM UK, and VM UK don't have an online cancellation form.

If you are in Ireland then you should be able to access the cancellation form using the following link https://www.virginmedia.ie/sign-in 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No, UK.

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HappyHappyHappy wrote:

After dialing the new [ahem] 0345 number

03x numbers are landline numbers. Charged the same as any other 01x or 02x prefixed number, but used by companies & organisations as a "non-geographical" type number to replace the expensive 084/087 numbers of old.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-number... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@HappyHappyHappy  Interesting to observe that Virgin Media Ireland can sort out an online cancellation form, but Virgin Media in the UK can't sort that out or indeed many other things.  Which rather proves that the current mess over cancellations for VM in the UK is entirely intentional and equally avoidable.  Don't forget to let Ofcom know.

Hi HappyHappyHappy,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving and that you haven't been able to speak to us, what is the reason you are wanting to leave?

Regards

Paul.

Well Paul...

I'm out of contract and instead of paying a 100% increase (give or take a percentage point) as an "existing" customer, I can continue to pay the same as a "new" customer.

That and the experience detailed in my OP.

Quite Andrew.

And rest assured I will be registering a complaint with Ofcom.

Thanks for coming back to us HappyHappyHappy,

Sorry to hear you're leaving us and for any inconvenience caused over the last 3 evening trying to cancel your services with us. We do understand the frustration caused with the long wait times to speak to an agent and that your call has been disconnected twice this evening already, unfortunately we cannot process your cancellation request
through our community forums. 

You will need to speak to our cancellations team directly. You can call them on 0345 454 1111 option 1,4 then 4 again, by messaging us on 0753 305 1809, using WhatsApp service 0730 532 7112, or alternatively writing to us here Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.

Kind regards Jodi.