cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome pack

Kpop
Joining in

I joined in December, received box and set up was easy, however I have not received a welcome pack.  Just an email asking me to give feedback.  I have no idea of account number, area code or billing info.  Have frustratingly been trying to get hold of customer services.  Today an initial payment has been taken out my account which is double the amount package I signed up for as I only have broadband.  I cannot access details online as I have no acc details or area code.  This is terrible!

5 REPLIES 5

SONY007
On our wavelength

@Kpop. I'm not 100% sure but I think that payment virgin has taken may include a payment in advance ...I think. Also at the end of your contract term you have to give them 30 days notice if you want to leave. It beggars belief why that needs to be the case but hey... But even after the 30 days you're still charged for that usage, so as a new customer if you have to pay a month in advance, what happens to that payment....? 

I'm not asking you Kpop, hopefully a virgin representative can explain all as I maybe incorrect but something I thought I noticed.

Also good luck with getting your situation resolved in the way you would like first time!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The following page explains the first bill/payment.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-first-bill 

@Kpop have you checked your spam/junk folder for any further correspondence from VM?

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

@SONY007 

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund around 45 days after disconnection

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Kpop

Sorry you have had to come on here to query this. 

I can look at this for you 

The first bill is always a double as we charge in advance 

It is explained easier here 

So I can make sure is it correct and send you a copy 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

SONY007
On our wavelength

Is it possible to give the 30 days notice with the final date that being when your contract actually ends, thus not incurring any additional charges ? And if that is possible would that initial month in advance payment be refunded or would it be used to pay for the customers final month so no money would be taken from their account on that final month?

Hi SONY007, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. You will be able to give notice upto 60 days in advance, as you pay a month in advance this will be prorated back depending on when the bill is produced and when the cancellation is made. - Chris