cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome credit hasn’t been applied

Varocksbarker
Tuning in

When I signed up for Virgin Broadband,  I got a promotional offer of a £95 welcome credit that was supposed to be applied to my first bill, but hasn’t been applied nor is showing on my account. I do have confirmation in the order email about the credit though. I tried to speak to someone yesterday but after a reminder about the upcoming bill via email it still hasn’t been applied. 

Would really appreciate some help, 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, 

I have been in contact again since in December/Jan, as it was never applied over the 60-120 day period. Twice I’ve been told this months bill and next and the following would be credited, each with a 48/24hr promise of it being updated on the showing bill. Neither has happened with the exception of £5 being credited? When I’ve been promised it would be nothing. 

id really appreciate some help or advice, as every-time I’ve tried nothing seems to work. It’s really disheartening. 

Many thanks for any help 😊 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Varocksbarker,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, sorry to hear you haven't received your credit of £95 you were offered, was this via our sales team or a 3rd party comparison site.

Regards

Paul.

I think it was through a comparison site, but it is stated in my order email. 

Thank you for your help 😊

Hi @Varocksbarker

I can see on our system that you spoke to us yesterday regarding this issue and that it was explained to you. Are you still needing assistance on this?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello, 

I have been in contact again since in December/Jan, as it was never applied over the 60-120 day period. Twice I’ve been told this months bill and next and the following would be credited, each with a 48/24hr promise of it being updated on the showing bill. Neither has happened with the exception of £5 being credited? When I’ve been promised it would be nothing. 

id really appreciate some help or advice, as every-time I’ve tried nothing seems to work. It’s really disheartening. 

Many thanks for any help 😊 

Hi Varocksbarker,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your promotional credit looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration.

As you signed up via a 3rd party company you would need to contact them in order to get the credit chased up, we would not be able to add this credit onto your account ourselves as it's a promotion from a comparison site. 

If you have it handy, could you post a screenshot of the email you received and we can try to find the contact details for that company? Please remember to block out any personal and account information that may be in view.

Thanks,

Megan_L 

Hi Megan, 

Thank you so much for getting back, but unfortunately I’m not sure why three of the advisers I’ve spoken to with you have all said they’d applied the credit (if just hasn’t happened) if they couldn’t do it. I’ve been promised so many times that they’ve just done it, and that the bills been wiped, so it’s even more frustrating to learn that was a lie. It’s such a shame as the internet is great, but I honestly currently don’t think I’d come back to you after all this, it just seems like it’s been lie after lie 😞 

My order email is the only thing that states it that I can find now as it’s been so long! 

B8B1B885-19AB-4D0A-B521-129DBC017FF3.jpeg

I’ve cropped it to try get some of the info out. 

Thank you for your help 😊 

Thanks Verity, 

I am sorry that our agents have promised it would be added by ourselves which is incorrect information, however I would like to take a closer look into it now that you've explained this. 

I'm going to send over a PM now so that we can take a look at whether these agents have noted the account with this promise. 

Speak to you soon. 

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Varocksbarker, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I am really glad we managed to get this sorted for you thanks to the evidence we could see on your account ☺ 

You can view the changes we've made on your online account in the next few days, give it some time to update though. 

As I already mentioned in our PM, if you need any further help with this going forward, please don't hesitate to get in touch and I will love to help again!

Thanks,

Megan_L