cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe app not working

jimtmacd
Tuning in

Hi, I've seen this problem mentioned so many times but nobody's 'fixes' work. When I got the Manage Websafe Settings I get the virgin spinner then it just goes back to the previous Home page  https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/home It's just an endless loop. It doesn't matter which computer I use or which browser I use. Just going around and around like a mad lion in a cage! A bit like how I feel right now!

31 REPLIES 31

I might have thought he'd have got back to me to explain the so-called-expedited attention to this matter has taken twice as long as was promised. My faith in the Virgin media staff and procedures of Virgin Media could not be lower so forgive me for not trusting a word any of you say. You provide a public forum so I'm using it since it's the only leverage I have left to get you to actually do what you've promised! Why has not a single person got back to me to tell me what's going on? Why has nobody explained why I cannot personally make my own complain and why was the complaint I raised about my treatment by your call centre staff just dismissed by the very people that I was making the complaint against? This is the worst complaints procedure in history. You have essentially put a fox in charge of the hen house! Disgraceful. Not something you expect from a trustworthy company so this is why I'm making my complaints public. If you don't want people to discuss how bad you are you should have staff in place that take customer complaints seriously. I have no further course of action. Everything you all say is just lies!

Hi @jimtmacd,

I do apologise for your experience. As advised, if the issue you were speaking to my colleague about is ongoing then please respond to them via message as before and they can proceed from there to take a closer look at things.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, I have now been charged by Netflix. Thank you, however it's now 15 working days since I brought it to VM's attention that my account didn't work and it is still not working despite me giving you a new email address to fix it with. It's beyond stupid! By the way, the guy that sold it to me made a big deal about how Sky glitches when there's a thunderstorm which is maybe 3 times a year. The Virgin TV glitches at least once every half hour, yet more let-downs and bad promises!

Hi jimtmacd, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issues which you have been having with Netflix. This is being worked on by our IT teams and hopefully this is resolved soon, In the mean time can you click on the Netflix button via the online account and see if you are able to connect it. ^Chris. 

Hi, I don't understand what you mean by 'on line account'. On line account for what? You can't mean Virgin because that's the issue I'm having. I don't have an account set up. You can't mean on Netflix because, connect it to what and you can't mean on the TV because you say 'on line'. So I don't know what you mean.

Thanks.

We do apologise for any miscommunication jimtmacd.

We can see that you have an open IT ticket as you are unable to register for an online account currently. Checking this ticket this evening we can see that our IT team are working on resolving this for you.

As you have no online account currently, you will be unable to check the Netflix tile within your account as you don't have one.

Due to this and along with the Netflix issue, we will be unable to offer you an further assistance until out IT team come back to us and advised both these issues have been resolved. 

Once again please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and disruption this issue has caused.

Kind regards Jodi. 

unbelievable! Why can't the staff at VM read the notes on a customers complaint? I mean, you'd think it would be standard procedure. How else are you supposed to offer customers a consistent service without your customer having constantly repeat themself???? Would you add that to the complaint for me since you don't allow your customers to make their own complaint, something it is unforgivable! You realise this has been going on for 3 weeks? THREE WEEKS!!!!! I singed up with you 05 September! I don't believe this can take that long! Has anyone even had a look at this? I was told 5 working days!!! You are seriously just taking the mick! Also Steven told me that 'Once you've been charged by Netflix, let me know and I'll credit your account'! This is why I've made the effort to contact you and clearly given you the opportunity to just hack me off yet again! It's like you take pleasure in pissing off your customers! Seriously. I hope you don't ever expect me to ever recommend Virgin to anyone!

Hi @jimtmacd

Thank you for your response. 

I am sorry, IT tickets can take longer to come back dependant on the complexity of the issue. 

I am sorry for the delay.

I will speak with my colleague Steven regarding the Netflix charge and ask that he pops back to you with an update. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I am still unable to access an account or any app. Your representative on the phone promised me last weekend that it would be resolved in 48 hours and someone would contact me. Here we are yet another week later and I still don't have access to see my account, my bill or the Virgin TV app! You think am going to pay a bill I can't see? Furthermore I was promised that your hub would be much more powerful than the one I had had but, here am just in my kitchen or my bedroom, I live in a bungalow, by the way, so my bedroom is next to the room where I have the hub, my kitchen is next to the hub room on the other wall and the speed is 1.43 Mb/s downloads. I have come to the conclusion that everything that come out of your mouths is as reliable as a Tory MP.

I still am waiting to hear from Steven! Is that yet another false promise from Virgin Media?