cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was given new price for my 1 gig BB - Told price is fixed until 2024 - is this correct ?

whiteswan
Dialled in

Hi

I rang to cancel my 1 gig BB today and was given a new price I was happy with - so I renewed for another 18 minths.

I specifically asked the gentleman about price rises and was told there would be no price rises this year - is that correct ?

He did say I had 14 days colling off period if I wasn't happy with anything.

I just want to make sure what I have been told is accurate.

Dave

10 REPLIES 10

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@whiteswan wrote:

Hi

I rang to cancel my 1 gig BB today and was given a new price I was happy with - so I renewed for another 18 minths.

I specifically asked the gentleman about price rises and was told there would be no price rises this year - is that correct ?

He did say I had 14 days colling off period if I wasn't happy with anything.

I just want to make sure what I have been told is accurate.

Dave

It may be right, personally I suspect it is a rash promise by the agent that the company would not want to honour.  However, if the agent assured you there was no price rise this year beyond the negotiated deal, and you relied upon that information when entering into the revised contract, then it is legally binding, as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Section 50

If it is something VM would not want to honour, you may have to take the matter to the Ombudsman to enforce this contract, but they will enforce if it comes to that.  Do not, on any account cancel under cooling off rights, since I doubt you'll get offered the same deal again! 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @whiteswan, thanks for your post here in the Community,

Many of our customers who join us take promotional offers for a period of time which will be fully honoured. These customers will all receive a price rise communication, but the 2023 price rise won’t be applied until after their offer price promotion ends. Their communication from us will explain this. 

I hope this helps!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi

Is there any chance I can have this in writing please - rather than rely on a telephone call conversation ?

Dave

Can I have this in writing - as none of the documents I have been sent mention the price guarantee until 2024 but does mention price increases.

Dave

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dave / whiteswan,

Each notification is tailored to each specific customer.  As we offer a variety of services and bundles, there are a number of variations in our letters. Our new terms apply to those customers who have received written notification of the new terms. For other customers, their terms remain unchanged until we notify them otherwise in writing.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Sorry I don't understand. Can I have it in writing that no price increase until 2024 ? I just don't want to spend hours on the phone trying to sort it out later. 

Hi

Any update on if I can have what I was told by the agent in writing ?

Dave

I think you can assume that's a "no, you can't have it in writing".  

I have actually tried to call them back a few times as it's coming up to my 14 day colling off period to cancel my re-nrgotiated price.

But the advisers can't understand what I am asking them - they say they will refer me to disconnections (?) maybe they want rid of me !!

I have now been disconnected 3 times.

Not sure how to progress.

Dave