cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning - Virgin Media Stealing From Me

JackGillespie1
Tuning in

I've recently moved flat and my new flat cannot have wifi supplied by Virgin Media. 

I've tried to cancel my through every media available [Phone Call, Whatsapp, Webchat] & have not been successful. 

I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to get a hold of someone. 

Eventually I had to give up and cancel the bank payment to prevent Virgin Media stealing my money. 

I moved out my flat and returned the box yet Virgin Media still continued to bill me. They've also slapped on late charges and claim I owe them £102. They are now trying to force me into paying them by threatening a debt collecting agency which will hurt my credit rating. 

Note: My minimum 12 month term in the contract had passed.

What a shameful organisation. Please whatever you do, do not use this company. 

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JackGillespie1,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to process the cancellation. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. I can see you very recently contacted our team regarding this matter and that a callback has been scheduled to discuss this. Do you need any further help regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A,

I phoned Monday Morning and was told someone would call me back within the day. 

That was now 72 hours ago. 

I do not want to pay the incorrectly assigned balance because service will resume and you will continue to bill me since you are unable to accept cancellation of the contract. 

This is a vicious circle where Virgin media will continue to take my money. 

In this case, I am sending you a private message @JackGillespie1.

Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The Bill has now increased to £149.25  despite explicitly telling virgin on several occasions that I want to cancel the contract. 

People, please do not use this fraudulent company.  

JackGillespie1
Tuning in

Still Battling with Virgin. 

Eventually with screenshot evidence they waived the excessive charges however when I tried to close the account the phone operative tried to charge me £150+ to close the account because he claimed it was an "early cancellation". My contact clearly states that my minimum term is 12 month however he was determined that Virgin do not give out 12 month contracts and that the minimum period is 18 months. 

I spent over 60 minutes battling with him and escalated to their manager who eventually accepted that I was on a 12 month contract. Thanks goodness I had written evidence of my contract of they would've managed to steal over £150 off me. Extremely poor. 

Hi @JackGillespie1 thanks a lot for your reply here once more.

I'm sorry that this has taken so long to be resolved for you - I know you've messaged Akua privately too and she'll be able to respond further in due course.

Many thanks

Tom_W