Menu
Purplesoapsuds
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wanting to leave virgin

It's come to a point when I don't with to pay what virgin are wanting to charge, and I can get a better deal for less with sky.

The date on my 12 month contract is 17th March 2017. From my understanding from next weekend I am in the last month of this contract and should be able to serve a months notice to terminate, but when I rang yesterday they wanted 60 days notice and to charge me early disconnection fees.

Is this right? Am I not understanding when a 12 month contract ends when the start date is the 17th march 2017.

Help please. I don't want to be paying £94 a month, when I can be paying £65 And getting more from sky. 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wanting to leave virgin

Were you speaking to the Retentions Team based in the UK or just an offshore call centre?  If the latter it might be worth giving the Retentions Team a call during normal office hours ... you may be able to negotiate a better deal, but anyway they should be able to clarify your contract period and the penalty rules.

Phone 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Purplesoapsuds
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I called the UK dept. The guy I was talking to was telling me my contract was wrong and that it didn't start till April,but why would it say 17th March 2017? 

And they couldn't better the offer I have from sky.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When was your installation date?

What was the date on the first bill which shows when you started paying?

This information, I believe, would help your case.

0 Kudos
Purplesoapsuds
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At least 18 months before this. This was a contract for changes to my account, and the date the contract was signed and the changes started was 18th March 2017.
0 Kudos
Purplesoapsuds
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Installation date was 13th Aug 2015.
First bill was dated 7th Sep 2015
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Discuss the matter with Citizens Advice who, in all likelihood, will confirm that you can give notice so your service terminates on your contract's end date.

FYI, there was another post earlier this week where the contract dates were at odds, see Early Termination fee and Contract start date

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@用心棒wrote:

Discuss the matter with Citizens Advice who, in all likelihood, will confirm that you can give notice so your service terminates on your contract's end date.

To expand a little on the above, make sure that you contact the consumer team directly: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/if-you-need-more-help-about-a-consumer-issu...

Calling the general helpline about it will just put you in a queue for who knows how long and then the agent will have to direct to the Consumer Team after taking your details+query info (I know this as I work for Citizens Advice and routinely directly consumer queries through to the consumer team.)

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Purplesoapsuds, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're wanting to leave Virgin Media. 

Your contract starts from the moment any changes take place so if we needed to install something or send you equipment when you last made the changes then this would be when the contract starts from. 

E.G - If you requested to upgrade your TV Services and got offered a new box on the 1st January but the new box didn't get installed or activated until the 15th January then the contract would start from 15th January. 

Speak to the team again and advise them you would like the services to disconnect as soon as the contract ends. We can take a maximum of 60 days notice.

Let us know how this goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos