cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to cancel in 14 days cooling off but keep getting transferred.

NorthernShep
Tuning in

I I'm trying to cancel my contract in the 14 days cooling off period And despite talking to 8 different people and being cut off twice over nearly 2 hours have got nowhere apart from transferred to another person who asks the same questions. 

I signed up for Virgin package 2 days ago with 1gig broadband and home phone package and free vodafone SIM card.

I was told the installation would take place in 2 weeks and would be just the case of the engineer fitting a Box.

Yesterday while working I had a knock at the door from 2 engineers with no warning  Who wanted to start pulling up my driveway to lay a cable or to run it through a patch of dirt thin one of my wet drains in front of the garage etc.   I was never told this was needed, and was told it was a simple installation process not a case of running an extension cord across my property.  As it happened they couldn't do anything as there tools didn't work.

Had I known this I wouldn't have taken the contract.

I called to cancel as its 2 days into my 14 day cooling off.period and nobody cares at all.  They ask the same questions about why then pass me to someone else and I get cut off.  

The last person said they'd action this bit couldnt answer about whether i needed to recontact my old provider or whether you would do that as per right to coolingg off.  They also Said they would  have to put me through to o2 to sort the phone out then when I asked her for a reference for her work, she transferred me to 02 without giving any...who cut me off.  I have no paperwork from you about o2 yet so can't call them anyway.

How am I supposed to easily cancel in 14 days?! I have 2 disabled children, work full time and don't have time to waste calling you again and again for something that should be easy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @NorthernShep thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

If you do need still help with processing the cancellation on our side, I'll be more than happy to take a look into this so please let me know if so.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

NorthernShep
Tuning in

Ps....my wife and i both worked in customer services and both thought it felt like there might be a measurable driving this behaviour where the staff feel its better to transfer someone who can't be talked round to a colleague or cut them off so it doesn't impact their figures. Obviously we'd hope this isn't the case, buy if it were, all that does is anger customers and increase call volumes making overall customer service suffer.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @NorthernShep 

You are free to cancel  without worrying about the 14 day cooling off period as that doesn't start until everything is installed and activated.

It's a bone of contention on the forums as to which department should actually process the cancellation.

"The cancellations team can't cancel it as it hasn't actually been installed and gone live."

"The sales team can't cancel it as they only deal with sales."

To me that would seem to leave it to the pre-installs team on  0800 052 1734. They book appointments for the installs so surely they can cancel any future "proposed installations"?  They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks I'll give them a try. Don't want them turning up and installing a cable and then charging me for that

Hi @NorthernShep thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

If you do need still help with processing the cancellation on our side, I'll be more than happy to take a look into this so please let me know if so.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks Tom, yes I'd appreciate your help with this please.