cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulnerable customer

Seren11
On our wavelength

Dear Virgin Media,

I've received an email from you to say you are increasing the price of my package from the 1st March.

I'm really concerned about this as I am an elderly and vulnerable customer. I am also a loyal customer who has been with you for many years. 

My hearing issues make telephone calls difficult, and your phone lines are constantly busy anyway. The messaging feature of your website always says your Agents are busy. I do not have access to WhatsApp.

Please can you private message me so we can have a chat about a better deal?

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

TresFrustre
Up to speed

I don't think official Forum Team members can negotiate a package with you on here. Being hard of hearing you're at a disavantage when trying to agree a deal on the phone. Come on Virgin Media, surely there must be an alternative?

Big mistake to say you're "elderly, vulnerable and a loyal customer".  You're starting out on the wrong track. You must approach price negotiations in a business like yet friendly manner. Do your research before phoning Virgin Media. Find out what deals are being offered to new customers by other providers. Perhaps make use of a price comparison website. Know what you want to achieve before negotiations start. To be honest, not everyone makes for a succesful negotiator but unfortunately the system's not geared up for timid types or those easily swayed by that nice sales person's patter!

Martin Lewis stated in January when the price rise was first announced there was an option on the phone menu to continue with your existing services but not accept the price increase. Would you be satisfied with that? Perhaps someone can advise whether it's still available?

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Seren11,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having at the moment, trying to speak to the team about a new deal during the recent price increase.

I would be happy to see if there is anything that I can do to get this looked further for you, I will send over a private message in a moment.

Please look out for it and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Seren11
On our wavelength

It is disappointing that another day has past without help from Virgin Media about this, despite me private messaging you earlier in the day with all the information you requested.

I hope to receive a message back and help from Virgin Media soon.

Thanks.

Seren11
On our wavelength

I'm extremely disappointed that another day has gone without any help from Virgin Media.

This is the worst level of customer service I've ever experienced during my many years as your customer. 

I've been trying to get help for weeks. Please can a member of the team Private Message me with the answers to my questions by tomorrow, Friday 25th February 2022?  

If I do not receive a reply back from you soon you will have made it clear you no longer value my custom and that there is a need to take it elsewhere.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Seren11 

A member of the Forum Team (Steven_L) answered you in the forum yesterday and advised, "I would be happy to see if there is anything that I can do to get this looked further for you, I will send over a private message in a moment."

His private message can be accessed by clicking on the purple envelope at the top right of this page if you haven't already done so.

Please be aware that even if you have, discussions aren't in real time like an instant messaging service.

He hasn't been online today, possibly his day, or one of his days off. However he will respond as soon as he is back in the office.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

This is disgraceful from Virgin. If you have difficulty with the phone, have a look at this page on other ways to communicate with them, including how to cancel:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/thinking-of-leaving/broadband-tv-phone

Seren11
On our wavelength

Yes newapollo, as I wrote previously I replied to Steven_L's private message with the details he requested earlier yesterday. I could see he was online when my reply was sent, but unfortunately I have had no reply to my query. 

It rather seems like Virgin are being quick to reply to forum messages that other members can see in order to appear helpful, but sadly it feels like I am being ignored on private messaging at the moment.

If Steven_L is not available I would appreciate it if a member of the team could get back to me by tomorrow, Friday 25/02/2022, please because as I've already mentioned I've been trying to get help with this for weeks.

My faith in Virgin Media is currently at an all time low. I hope somebody will help me soon. 

@TresFrustre wrote:

Big mistake to say you're "elderly, vulnerable and a loyal customer".  You're starting out on the wrong track. You must approach price negotiations in a business like yet friendly manner. Do your research before phoning Virgin Media. Find out what deals are being offered to new customers by other providers. Perhaps make use of a price comparison website. Know what you want to achieve before negotiations start. To be honest, not everyone makes for a succesful negotiator but unfortunately the system's not geared up for timid types or those easily swayed by that nice sales person's patter!

How about Virgin just stop raising their prices periodically and forcing elderly and vulnerable retired pensioners (and everyone else for that matter) into "negotiations" just to get the same deal they had before but with a discount as if Virgin are doing them a favour. Having experienced it recently and following these forums their telephone support staff are an absolute nightmare to deal with even as someone without any disabilities.

Seren11
On our wavelength

Thanks mmj, I completely agree with your comments.

I've still not received a private message from Virgin Media with any help. As Virgin Media do not seem to care about my custom anymore I'm going to look for a better deal elsewhere, I'm sure other companies will be glad for my custom and will be happy to offer one.

If Virgin Media wish to keep my custom it would be best for them to reply to my query via private message soon.