cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulnerable customer trying to cancel services since November - Suicidal and sectioned

Suicidaldave
Joining in

I rang to cancel my TV and landline and go to just an internet package since my discount and contract has ended, I was assured this was cancelled on the phone in November 2021. Soon after I attempted to take my life and I am currently in a mental health hospital, I have been passed from pillae to post by virgin, no record of conversations in November. Now being charged for december usafe I cant afford, nobody calls me back, being offered £4 discounts on a package I no longer want or can afford, no call backs, whatsapp messages do not get replied to, no manager to speak to, unable to cancel online. 

Extremely concerned for my health and nobody will help me. 

5 REPLIES 5

domidi
On our wavelength

Noticed its been 2hrs, 34 people have read this, and nobody replied, which is a bit of sh!tshow in itself. Listen bro - firstly stay positive and keep going. So glad you've made it to 2022 and that you didn't take your own in Nov. I hope you get the help you need - there's lots of people out there who can support you, just give it a chance. Life is a gift brother; try and enjoy it, take each day as it comes, and appreciate every day.

On the topic of cancelling.. whilst I haven't tried this myself, I've read a few times on the forums that it's worked well. On the phone, there's an option to inform VM of a bereavement, I think it's option 5 on one of the menus. Why not try and go through that? I've heard that it goes through to a rather compassionate and understanding team. Whilst I know you're not going through bereavement... suicide and mental health concerns are of equal or higher importance. Explain your situation briefly to them, and make sure they understand what you're after.

1) Explain you're unwell and vulnerable and not in a position to process their convoluted cancellations process
2) Explain where you are and ensure the operator understands that you're not negotiating, but merely calling to inform them of what needs to happen
3) Tell them what you want to happen to the contract, and why. Check they understand so they don't f..k it up
4) Agree on what's going to happen, and ask for confirmation via email / post / whatever, along with a confirmation of timetrames
5) Re-iterate the importance that your situation is resolved asap, and remind them of why you're calling the bereavement number

Lastly, wish you the best of luck and I hope you pull through. I know you can; we all do, and so do you. You deserve it. 

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dave,

We're really sorry to hear of the account issues at what is already an extremely difficult time for you, it's not the level of service we aim to provide. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us via out forums and we're eager to help get this looked into and resolved.

We have tried to contact you on the numbers held on our system but have been unable to reach you, I will send you a Private Message to get some contact details from you that are best to reach you on.

We eager await your response Dave to help get this rectified.

Rob

I've replied with my number I hope you can help me

Thanks mate I hope this rob can sort it if not i will try just that!

Hi Dave,

How did the call with my manager go? Were you able to sort this issue?

Rob