cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vrigin Media Account Registration

James_98
Joining in

Hi I have recently had virgin media installed and want to register a virgin media account. When doing so i am prompted to use the email i have used when i ordered virgin media.

However when creating a password it does not i keep getting told that i cannot use the password i enter. I have tried numerous passwords now, and very random ones, and keep meeting the password requirements but when i press confirm i get prompted with the message

'you cannot use this password. Please choose another'

I have tried this both on the website and the app but cant seem to register a password. Is there some issue with this, or do I have to wait a certain amount of time before registering an account after the installation?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @James_98 

VM passwords must be between 8 and 10 characters long, letters and numbers only, no spaces. The first character must be a letter

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @James_98.

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your account.

Have you tried the suggestion from @newapollo?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, yes I’ve followed all the password requirements and it even tells me this with a green tick before I press confirm.
It also tells me the password strength is strong before I press confirm but once I press confirm it says

’You can’t use that password. Please choose another’

ive tried lots of random passwords now and keep getting the same message.

I have just had virgin media installed today and wondered if I had to wait so many days before I could make an account?

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, sorry to hear you are facing issues setting up an online account die to any password you select not being accepted, I will be more than happy to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

I have the same issue and tried all of the above, please help

Hi emmaweaver87

Sorry this is happening to you aswell 

I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L