cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt - worth changing user name?

AlanBarr
On our wavelength

Hello,

I'm a long time customer of both 02 and Virgin Media.

Unfortunately, the Virgin Media account is in my husband's name rather than mine.  

Given this:"Soon, you’ll be able to get Volt benefits through your household’s Virgin Media broadband account – so will anyone else who has their own O2 Pay Monthly plan at your address."

Can anyone tell me HOW soon?  Or is it worth my updating my details to have my own name in as the Virgin Media owner?   

Thanks in advance!

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you for your response @AlanBarr.

As the changes to the account would pertain to an entirely different person, it wouldn't be as simple as just changing the first name, we would have to make further more complex changes to the account. Hence why we would have to create a new account entirely for this. 

I believe the email was to update the account holder details such as email address and immediate contact points however you would not be able to change the account holder entirely.

Is there anything else I can help with? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

oli356
Tuning in

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem

Hi oli356, thanks for the message. The premise matching will go live from the 12th April. - Chris

AlanBarr
On our wavelength

I'm afraid not.  Trying to do so was a horrendous experience.  I was on the phone for many hours and was passed around at least 6 people, all of whom told me different things.  I gave up in the end and will rearrange the account details if I decide to renew my contract when it becomes due.  It's doubly aggravating to be encouraged constantly to sign up to Volt.  I wish you good luck with it!    

AlanBarr
On our wavelength

Chris - can I ask what is premise-matching?  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AlanBarr 

The following post from Chris_K (O2 social media team) on the O2 Community Forum shows that premise matching is the term used for identifying differently named customers at the same address being eligible for the benefits.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Volt-Megaguide/m-p/1541963 

At present, you need to be a customer of both O2 mobile and Virgin Media broadband, with both accounts under the same name and at the same address. However, from 12 April 2022, we’ll be introducing 'premise matching', meaning you’ll just need to have the same address on both your O2 and Virgin Media broadband accounts to be eligible for supercharged benefits.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you very much for your help - much appreciated.