cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt has increased my virgin bill

PNPNPN
Joining in

I applied for Volt through o2 customer services, mobile boost went fine and without issues, a week or so later my virgin media speed was also doubled.

This was all done through o2, no contact whatsoever with Virgin media services.

My Virgin media bill has now more than doubled. From past experience i'm dreading calling Virgin media's contact centre.

There's been no issues with my o2 contract and bill, just virgin media.

Are there virgin media customer service representatives on the forum that can help me resolve this?

9 REPLIES 9

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There are and they will reply in due course.  I suspect that the problem might be that if you had an existing VM discount, that's been stopped, as Volt can't be combined with VM discounts.  I'm not sure if that still applies to new customers on introductory discounts, but staff will be able to take a look and advise, if need be by private message.  

Thanks for your reply.

Looking at my previous bill it looks like there was a 'Welcome offer'.

That's crazy it's no longer applying that, the VOLT marketing said nothing about any changes to Virgin Media billing; the marketing explicitly says the benefits are at no extra charge.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

It's not unreasonable to say that discounts and offered either can't be combined, or can only be combined in some limited permutations, and that's common with many other companies.  But it is unreasonable, and a breach of consumer rights to offer and then implement a deal without being clear about the important terms.  Small print can cover the detail, but the company can't rely on that to cover the principal terms, particularly when they mean a material change to existing terms which should have been clearly communicated.  Even with the small print, on a quick scan I couldn't see in the T&Cs where they state that accepting Volt benefits will void any existing VM discount. 

There are formal routes for ironing this out if VM won't play ball (forum staff, you'll know where that all leads), but wait and see what is advised.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @PNPNPN,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the confusion with getting the Volt package.

The price will change due to promotions on your old package now becoming void, we are unable to change this as it is the cost of having the Volt benifits.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

That's a disappointing response.

So by enabling VOLT my bill has more than doubled? That's not a benefit that's a con!

There was no mention or indication whatsoever that my old package would become void by enabling VOLT.

Our apologies for any frustration with what has happened. 

I have taken a look on our side and located your account. 

I can see you have spoken with the team regarding this. Have they been able to resolve this for you?

^Martin

@Martin_N wrote:

Our apologies for any frustration with what has happened. 

I have taken a look on our side and located your account. 

I can see you have spoken with the team regarding this. Have they been able to resolve this for you?

^Martin

And if they haven’t been able to resolve it for you, do you happen to know an even half-competent lawyer?

I hope so, the person I spoke with on the chat was straightforward.

I'll wait for the following bills before I can say it's been resolved.

Hi @PNPNPN thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry for any continuing confusion around your monthly package price.  I am going to send you a private message, so to gain you some form of reassurance.

Regards

Lee_R