cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt contracts

T10FFA1984
Joining in

Ok, so I’ve taken the top Volt package which includes an o2 sim. In short, I do t really need the o2 sim as I already have 2 airtime plans with o2.

Looking at the set up of the deal am I right I’m thinking that the o2 contract and the VM contract are two separate deals?

VM is £xx and o2 is £xx amount. 

Could I just cancel the o2 sim with no impact on the VM package I have? A sales adviser seems to think I could and apply the volt data double bonus to one of my existing o2 lines as long as I cancel the o2 sim within 14 days.

Any feedback appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello T10FFA1984

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to the VOLT benefits, we appreciate the confusion this can cause and welcome to the community.

In order to keep the benefits of VOLT you would need to keep both services (the O2 SIM) although you don't have to use it. Although you pay for both separately they are both required and linked via the VOLT. There are some FAQ's here with more information.

Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks for the info. What would be the impact on the VM service if I dropped the o2? The bundle has 1 gig broadband. I’m not really bothered about the o2 data boost as my current deal with them is fine. 

From what I can see I would only drop my internet speed to 516mbps. I’m currently only getting 50mbps max from sky at the moment.

Thanks 

dont know the in's and out's of this but as a new customer could you not just take a BB only deal at 500 then apply the volt upgrade once you were up and running as you already have O2 sims - for the upgrade to work both accounts would have to be in the same name

however if you have already signed up for the top volt package it could get complicated or would in normal circumstances - changing any part of the original package would/could cause you to loose new user discounts

your deal is slightly different in that you have 2 separate parts to the package with 2 separate bills what would happen if you cancel the O2 i and i think many in VM would have no idea about

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony,

yes the o2 advisor said I could cancel the new sim and then apply the volt to my existing lines. That would then boost my speed back up to the 1gig, think that’s the way I’m going to go.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @T10FFA1984

Please do let us know how things go with cancelling your new SIM and applying the Volt benefits to your existing lines.

Kind regards,

Serena

unisoft
Well-informed

The cancel only works AFTER the minimum contract term of the SIM has expired - you can then cancel the SIM but keep your volt speed.

Otherwise everyone would cancel within 14 days of the O2 SIM being taken out to get free speed upgrades; that's not going to be something VM would want.

If you already had an O2 SIM left on the account then I guess that's a chat with O2. If you already had one though, VM didn't really need to setup another SIM as the original SIM would have been enough to boost your speed with VM as you would be a customer of both companies. In theory, all the SIMS on the account should be double data now anyway so losing one should not matter.