cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt - charged for SIM I don’t have

G944S2
On our wavelength

I reluctantly agreed yesterday to change from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt which comes with a £25pm O2 SIM instead of the Virgin SIM, I was told this would start in 30 days.

Today I received a bill from O2 for £25, I don’t have a SIM from them and don’t need one until my contract changes over in 30 days so why should I pay them £25?

We don’t even really want the O2 SIM but I was told I had to have it for this package, I already have an O2 contract for around £8pm which I’m happy with.

Can someone please advise how to get the £25 back and if I even need to keep this additional O2 contract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ring o2 and cancel it you have 14 days and o2 will refund you the £25 it will be much easier than trying to sort this with vm

there’s no such thing as 30 days the contract starts and moneys taken sim probably come tomorrow 

vm will say it can’t be done but it can as 2 separate entities 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi G944S2, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Volt deal.

Have you reached out to O2 to get your SIM sent out?
Zoie

G944S2
On our wavelength

Hi, that’s not really the issue and I’m sure it’s on the way as I only agreed this with Virgin yesterday.

The issue is Virgin told me this would start in 30 days and yet a few hours after agreeing I’ve already received a bill for £25 which will be taken by direct debit so I’d like this money back or the bill cancelled.

Ah I see, thanks for confirming. As this is an O2 sim we are unable to access the specific account for this sim, we can only see your media details.

I would recommend contacting the O2 team so they can have a look at this for you to ensure you are paying for what you are using.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

G944S2
On our wavelength

That’s a predictable answer from Virgin but completely unacceptable, it’s Virgin who have started this account with O2 immediately rather than in 30 days like I was told.

I will not be contacting O2 to chase this up and suggest you return the £25 to me like you have done for others on the forum who have gone through the same issue.

If there is a payment going to O2 this isn't something we can amend from here I'm afraid.

It would be best to speak to O2 as they will have access to this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Ring o2 and cancel it you have 14 days and o2 will refund you the £25 it will be much easier than trying to sort this with vm

there’s no such thing as 30 days the contract starts and moneys taken sim probably come tomorrow 

vm will say it can’t be done but it can as 2 separate entities