cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt broadband non boost discounts

TimmyBlueFox
Tuning in

Hello,

I have been with Virgin Broadband for the last 18 months on the 200 package that was originally a new customer offer. I have negotiated a further 18 months at a very similar amount & have also upgraded my o2 mobile with new contract. 

Now Volt boost has been applied to my mobile with double data but I noticed my broadband was still at 200Mbps. After contacting them on chat I was informed I was not eligible for boost as I had negotiated a discount on renewing my package.

I can see nothing in the terms & conditions  or was it mentioned at the time that the boost would not be available. 

I am assuming Virgin can do this or can I insist on my broadband boost?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TimmyBlueFox

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've not had your speed boost come through. This can take up to 14 working days to come through. Can you advise when you applied for the Volt benefits? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

TimmyBlueFox
Tuning in

Hello,

I have been with Virgin Broadband for the last 18 months on the 200 package that was originally a new customer offer. I have negotiated a further 18 months at a very similar amount & have also upgraded my o2 mobile with new contract. 

Now Volt boost has been applied to my mobile with double data but I noticed my broadband was still at 200Mbps. After contacting them on chat I was informed I was not eligible for boost as I had negotiated a discount on renewing my package.

I can see nothing in the terms & conditions  or was it mentioned at the time that the boost would not be available. 

I am assuming Virgin can do this or can I insist on my broadband boost?

Thank you.

Hi @TimmyBlueFox

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've not had your speed boost come through. This can take up to 14 working days to come through. Can you advise when you applied for the Volt benefits? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

It was on the 15th March I believe but the issue is not the time period. The issue is being told my Volt boost will not be applied due to discounts already on the account. 

Thank you,

Timmy 

Thanks for coming back to us @TimmyBlueFox.

I have not heard of that before, you should be able to get the Volt boost with or without any existing discounts. Have the team advised you that nothing else can be done to boost your broadband speed to the next level?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, I am guessing they have, the advisor online did spend some time having a look at my account. I just find it odd that they cannot give me the boost when I have done everything correctly, apart from it seems, negotiate renewing my contract

What exactly did the team advise regarding this when you spoke with them about it? The boost can be given as long as you have both services active so I'm not sure why the team have said you are ineligible.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, the online advisor said because I had negotiated a discount on renewing my package, they could not apply the boost. 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened @TimmyBlueFox I think it would be best if I sent you a PM so we can look into this a bit closer.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.