cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt address name issue

stally
On our wavelength

Hello virgin forum 

I have come here as a last resort before I give up.

So I know to be eligible for the free volt upgrade your name and address has to match.

Now I noticed that wasn't quite the case with my O2 account and so went thru customer service to add the house number as I have name and number on my address and I thought that would resolve the miss match, however no still stuck.

So my question is does the address and name have to be exactly the same with no difference in digits, spacing, address lines etc?

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stally 

The text below is from a member of the O2 Social Media Team on the following post  https://community.o2.co.uk/  

"Name/address mismatch

You may also see the above "You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area" message if your name and/or address doesn't match across both O2 and VM accounts. We have built in some resiliency to recognise a lack of space between the two halves of a postcode for example, but Jim vs James or Charlie vs Charlotte for example are very different names and likely to prevent you being eligible for Volt, unless you're able to update your name to your official name and what you were credit checked against."

I suggest if there are any differences, however minute, that you update the details via your O2 account so they match the VM account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

stally
On our wavelength
  • Hi and thank you for your reply however when trying to join volt I don't get any of those pages I get:

Would you like your plan supercharged with Volt?

Get exclusive Volt benefits when you're with both Virgin Media and O2. Click the button below to join Virgin Media.
Already got Virgin Media at your address, but it's not in your name? You're not eligible for Volt benefits right now, but we're changing this soon. Keep an eye on My O2 and read our Volt FAQs for more information.

Then a button to join virgin

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @stally 

Sorry, if that didn't apply, however from the same link just under the text I posted from that page is the following.

"Getting sent around in a loop

If you're getting stuck in a loop of "Would you like your plan supercharged with Volt?" then this is something we're currently looking into. We have no further updates or ETA for a resolution, so please try again in a few days or wait for an update from us here."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello stally

Thanks for your question 

For a customer to receive any of the benefits for being both a Virgin Media customer and an O2 customer, they will need to be eligible. To be eligible, they need to meet the below criteria.

• They must have an active account with both Virgin Media and O2.
• The Virgin Media and O2 account holder names and addresses need to match.

If they meet the above criteria, the customer will receive their benefits within 14 days of having their services activated for both Virgin Media and O2. It's possible that a customer will get their O2 benefits before their Virgin Media benefits and vice versa.

The customer will receive an email once the Virgin Media benefits have been applied, and a text message once the O2 benefits have been applied.

Any O2 mobile phone numbers linked to the main O2 account holder will receive Volt benefits. However, an O2 account holder who lives at the same address but is not linked to the Virgin Media account holder's O2 account will not.

Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello stally

Thanks for your question 

For a customer to receive any of the benefits for being both a Virgin Media customer and an O2 customer, they will need to be eligible. To be eligible, they need to meet the below criteria.

• They must have an active account with both Virgin Media and O2.
• The Virgin Media and O2 account holder names and addresses need to match.

If they meet the above criteria, the customer will receive their benefits within 14 days of having their services activated for both Virgin Media and O2. It's possible that a customer will get their O2 benefits before their Virgin Media benefits and vice versa.

The customer will receive an email once the Virgin Media benefits have been applied, and a text message once the O2 benefits have been applied.

Any O2 mobile phone numbers linked to the main O2 account holder will receive Volt benefits. However, an O2 account holder who lives at the same address but is not linked to the Virgin Media account holder's O2 account will not.

Gareth_L

stally
On our wavelength

Hi Gareth

Thanks for your copy and paste reply 🤡 

Yes I meet the criteria but looks like I'm not the only one within the O2 community forum having the same problems.

It's such a shame this massive merger of 2 multi billion pound companies can't get a simple "free" upgrade to their customers without stressing them out by their fear of missing out on a "free" upgrade.

Why they couldn't just use account numbers instead of addresses to verify each customer is beyond me.

Well I'm out of contract for both VM and O2 so I have no problem going elsewhere I just feel sorry for those locked into a contract and being promised something that's either not simple or easily accessible.

Thank you for your response @stally.

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to enroll in Volt upgrades. We would hate to see you go.

Just to confirm, when did you make the changes to your 02 address? Also when last did you try enrolling via the website?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

stally
On our wavelength

About 4 weeks ago and tried enrolling 2 days ago so yes it's been over 2 weeks recommended time to wait for the change.

Thanks

I am sorry for the trouble you've had with it stally,

So I can take a closer look, I'll need a few more details from you. I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm