cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt O2 - misspelled name & incorrect first bill

gemszappy
Tuning in

Hello, and help!

My VM tv, broadband and phone contract coming to end, decided not to renew tv so VM without a fight to keep me as TV customer, offered new broadband deal with O2 SIM. I didn't want the SIM as with giffgaff but was assured this was part of cheaper offer for broadband, thought could use the SIM in an old phone as emergency phone. So VM send me O2 contract says 6GBP a month, then I start to receive emails from O2 talking about 12GBP a month, and my family name is spelled incorrectly. Virgin Media customer service say they can't help it has to be O2, and O2 says I signed up for 12GBP plan which I didn't. Both sides of the business keep sending me to each other, so if this is not resolved, I'm ok to cancel the O2 as within 14 days as its not the price I agreed to.

I

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Travis for signposting who to contact next. The O2 communication is painful via the O2 app which I had to download as their website chat was never available. Would cancelling the O2 affect the new VM contract?

New Hub arrived today but I daren't set it up until this billing is sorted.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

gemszappy
Tuning in

Also they've charging me a contract termination fee for new VM contract when my contract is due to naturally expire next month, so why don't they add it when my current contract ends? Argh! I wanted to reduce monthly cost and they're finding ways of adding on £££'s Help this is so frustrating.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gemszappy

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your package.

If you was looking to cancel the SIM card directly we would need you to contact O2 to have them process this, if you was looking to change your bundle our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 can handle this for you if you're unhappy with how the package currently looks.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Travis for signposting who to contact next. The O2 communication is painful via the O2 app which I had to download as their website chat was never available. Would cancelling the O2 affect the new VM contract?

New Hub arrived today but I daren't set it up until this billing is sorted.

Hi Gemszappy, thanks for the message. The 02 volt service would require a sim as they are linked and you would be moved on to a package which doesn't include a sim and we cannot guarantee that this would be cheaper. ^Chris. 

Thank you for helping with that understanding about SIM part of the new package price.

News now is we woke at weekend to no TV or wifi, after being told we had 30 days it turns out the new contract started that day, so back onto VM to have them explain this and also why my next bill is way higher than old contract. Reached an understanding, but they acknowledged confusion caused, so they offered to raise a complaint. Luckily the new router arrived and we had already ordered Amazon Firestick to access TV so not offline for too long. Fortunately it was weekend and didn't affect WFH.

VM reiterated that I had to cancel incorrect tarfiff/account with O2 direct within 14 days; VM said they'd then set up a new (correct) O2 SIM on the agreed tariff. This was easiest part and O2 said happens within 24 hours.

Then I had a bill from O2 yesterday for incorrect tariff / SIM I hadn't used or wanted, their customer service chat explained was for the part of the contract that I used, even though SIM not activated and it wasn't my error. O2 agreed and credited my O2 account.

Now waiting for new O2 SIM which is stuck in the Royal Mail system due to strikes its a week now. It has not been the smoothest, but the DD has appeared on my bank account. I hate to see how long my customer notes are...Keep positive folks!