cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt M100 retention package - What if we cancel O2

vm711
Tuning in

Original M100 broadband only package (upgraded to Volt M200) out of contract so rang retentions, was offered '100MB broadband for 18 months' and agreed. 

Modem speed dropped to 108mbps same evening.

Contract change email arrived today and the package is listed as 'Volt M100 Fibre Broadband - Discount'.

No mention of Volt was made during the contract negotiation. There's nothing in the contract terms either.

So what happens if I cancel my O2 sim? Will I still have the agreed 100MB broadband for the rest of my contract, or will it drop to 50MB?

I searched the virgin site and community forum and checked the contract terms but could not find the answer. Hopefully someone can help!

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi vm711,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

With regards to the query, to clear confusion when was the package accepted?

Also to clarify was the speed you had previously 50 or 100mbps?

If you were to cancel the SIM you may lose your discounted price however if you were on 100mbps beforehand you should stay on that.

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Thanks for your reply.

New package accepted yesterday afternoon (28/04/2022)

Original package on sign up (30/09/2020) was M100 Fibre Broadband. Volt boosted this to 200MB in Nov 2021.

Speed as of 27/04/2022 was 200Mbps.

@Kain_W wrote:

If you were to cancel the SIM you may lose your discounted price however if you were on 100mbps beforehand you should stay on that.

No mention was made of Volt or my current O2 sim by the retention team member, nor is there anything in the contract other than the name of the package - which is why I'm trying to clarify. 

I want my Virgin broadband to be independent of my O2 contract so should I decide to cancel O2 it's not affecting VM. 

Thanks.

Just to add to the above I've found the below in the online 'Terms and Conditions - TV, Fibre, Phone (from 18 October 2021)' @ https://www.virginmedia.com/legal 

B. Volt Broadband Speed Boost
1. Your speed will only be boosted to the next Virgin Media broadband speed tier available to you at your premises at the point of you placing your order to become supercharged with Volt.
2. You’ll receive confirmation from us when we have applied your broadband speed boost.
3. In the event that you become ineligible for the Volt benefits for your Virgin Media services, any applicable broadband speed boost may be removed and your Virgin Media broadband package will be downgraded to the preceding speed tier available at the time of boost removal.

Interestingly the terms in the contract email I received today is dated July 2021 so does not include the above clauses.

So maybe the question is, can someone tell me if my new 'Volt M100 Fibre Broadband - Discount' package is 'speed boosted' or not?

Thanks.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

From checking our service you would need to be on our Volt package for the speed boost.

Apologies, 

Kain

Thanks again Kain for your reply.

@Kain_W wrote:

From checking our service you would need to be on our Volt package for the speed boost.

So can I just confirm, is the base speed of my new 'Volt M100 retention package' 100MB regardless of whether I cancel my O2 contract?

Thanks

To be able to check the account on this I would need to private message you and pass some data protection. 

I will do this now. 

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply. Message sent 😊

Thank you for chatting with me over private message vm711. 

I'm glad that was able to help further.

^Martin