cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt - Gig1 Package Availability?

Ezzy
Dialled in

Is there any update on when the Gig1 Packages will be available to order for existing customers?

I called to change my package but the guy said there was an issue with the system and they couldn't do any new orders for Gig1 for current customers...

VM Customer Since 2010
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nephrititi
Dialled in

There are no Hub 4s available for existing customers who have signed up for the Ultimate Volt package.

I upgraded my contract on 9th February and was waiting and waiting and waiting.  After numerous phone calls and being passed from pillar to post  I posted on here last week.   I was then advised by Virginmedia of the limited stock issues.

I am now on a waiting list.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ezzy

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding Volt, I'm sorry to hear our agent was unable to process your request yesterday. Just to check: are you located in a Gig1 connected area? You will need to be in a Gig1 connected area to get Gig1 broadband. Gig1 is currently available to 12.8 million homes with Virgin Media's entire network, you can use our postcode checker https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker to see if they can get the service.

If this all looks good, I would recommend giving us another call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so we can get this all arranged for you 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

nephrititi
Dialled in

There are no Hub 4s available for existing customers who have signed up for the Ultimate Volt package.

I upgraded my contract on 9th February and was waiting and waiting and waiting.  After numerous phone calls and being passed from pillar to post  I posted on here last week.   I was then advised by Virginmedia of the limited stock issues.

I am now on a waiting list.

Wait...when you say existing customers...do you mean they're available for new customers but not us??!?!!

VM Customer Since 2010

I was  told last week there were only limited stocks available and these were being sent out to customers paying full price of £136 per month.

I queried this because from my research on social media groups "existing customers" who upgraded (and were now actually paying less than they were originally)  did receive them (several weeks ago).  

I have now been told that they do not have any in stock - despite still advertising the Ultimate Volt package and many  existing customers that have upgraded our packages have not received a Hub 4 and are still awaiting them.

Well this just gets better and better doesn't it 😂

So as the people who have spent thousands with VM over the years we get put to the back of the queue and charged more for the privilege. And that's IF you can even get them to change your package in the first place.

The VM site has a section for upgrades but then just gives you the phone number. And the page itself says why not chat to one of our advisors (as in live text chat boxes) but doesn't actually provide a way to do it.

VM Customer Since 2010

Hi Ezzy, thank you for getting in touch to raise this to us! Sorry to hear of your difficulties changing package, and frustration concerning the Hub 4 issues. 

It is true to say we currently have limited stock of the Hub 4s. This means at the moment remaining stock are being prioritised towards new customers (those without a hub at all) and our 1gig customers who are awaiting a hub upgrade. There is currently a waiting list for the Hub 4 - all our customers awaiting this upgrade are automatically placed on this waiting list. We are starting to see some customers contacted and receiving the upgrade, however this is taking longer than we would ideally like due to the stock levels. Please rest assured all customers who require the upgrade will receive it in due course! We thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Regarding your package change, apologies for the issues you have had trying to change package via My Virgin Media. You can view our existing customer deals here. If you would like to discuss package change options with us we are more than happy to help! You can do this by calling us on 0345 454 1111 or 150 on a VM Landline (Use options 4 then 1). Or you can text us on +44753 305 1809 or contact us via WhatsApp on +447305 327 112. 

Please let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help! All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly, I'm bat work so thought the live chat might be easier but after going through all my account details 3 times it asked me if the chat could switch to WhatsApp.

That was an hour ago with no response. It's starting to feel like VM don't want customers.

Screenshot_20220407_122537_com.whatsapp_edit_2038743251296202.jpg

Guess I'm going to have to go through the rigmarole of ringing up again and going through my account security for the 15th time.

VM Customer Since 2010

Hi @Ezzy thanks a lot for your follow-up message.

I'm really sorry to hear that, I can appreciate this is frustrating for you.

If you're still waiting on a response through the messaging service, I would advise trying to give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 (it's generally quicker than the messaging service) so we'll be able to get this discussed with you when you have spare time to ring - we're open until 9pm tonight.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks Tom, I'm at work so can't phone right now but they finally responded via WhatsApp, although the messages are drip fed every so often after asking more security questions for about the 5th time today.

Being told by the advisor that Gig1 isn't available because you've got no routers. Classic VM. 

Probably should take down the pages with it plastered all over the site if it's not even available.

It's like a poorly run restaurant where they don't have the things on the menu 🤣

VM Customer Since 2010