Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Benefits Virgin/02

kartiaero
Joining in

Hi, 

I am O2 and Virgin media customer,,  

On Virgin Media, I am on the ultimate oomph bundle M600 ( 5 more months left on the contract).. 

I contacted O2 on the Volt benefits, they said benefits are added and doubled up O2 Data.. and then contacted Virgin media of Broadband boost -  according to the advertisement 

• A broadband speed boost to the next tier available (e.g. 100Mbps boosted to 200Mbps)
  • Volt is available to both new and existing customers, offering exclusive benefits to account holders no matter what broadband package or eligible Pay Monthly plan they take.

so I was expecting my broadband speed will get boosted to Gig1 ( which is available on my postcode) but then the Virgin media customer agent said the volt benefits are 

"The benefit that you will be having as discussed you will be eligible for the upgrade of the BB speed." ( words from virgin media customer service agent) 

That means we will not get a free automatic broadband speed boost upgrade. Instead of the Volt offers mean (gives us special eligibility to upgrade our broadband speed, buy paying an additional; £30), you can get a broadband speed upgrade anytime if you are ready to pay.. what is even to do with VOLT offer or Virgin Media and O2’s £31bn merger

Can someone please explain what Broadband Speed boost offer is, will it automatically upgrade to your next speed level or give us eligibility to upgrade to the next level.. 

regards

K

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi K,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for any confusion over the Volt benefits.

In regards to the broadband the speed boost would be to the next available level, this would be done automatically after the 14 days.

Alex_Rm