Menu
Highlighted
Heon
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 Gamer [3.0 Hub]

I am currently on the 100 Vivid bundle, I want to upgrade to the Gamer Bundle as there are around 8 people living in my house and there are over 10+ devices+ 

I read up the gamer hub 3.0 has a fault? problems. I wanted to know if this is still the case. Otherwise I will upgrade to 300 MB bundle instead.

Much regards, Ian.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 Gamer [3.0 Hub]

You need a hub3 for the 300Mbs package too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
TuxMay
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I do not recommend upgrading, all packages are basically the same for broadband.
While it states up to 200mbps/300mbps - realistically you get 20-30mbps.

I've been on the VIVID 200 Gamer for 12 months, after the first week of joining & having it installed, you no longer get the 200mbps

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thats anecdotal. I’ve never dipped under headline speed except when I had a short noise issue on the line. That’s many many years of a perfect connection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TuxMay

I appreciate you supporting but as @Shafreya has mentioned, that should not be the experience you have. I have Virgin Media 200Mb  connected at home and even on Wi-Fi this usually runs between 120 and 150Mb.

If you can pop back and confirm if this is wired or wireless when you test and if this happens all the time or at peak times then this would be helpful.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
TuxMay
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Karen_A - I have constantly asked for my network to be reset and bumped back up to 200Mbps - yet after a week, the connection just simply drops again.

I think people misunderstood me on my realistically thought. When I say the 20-30Mbps, it was more on the thought of the external server (wherever you are downloading from) & was done at 2am GMT.

I don't believe you get what you pay for as whenever I have tried to download, it get a maximum speed of 25Mbps usually and with uploading, on average that makes out at 2.5Mbps. So I don't believe it is worth getting the higher packages as you won't get that 200Mbps.

Even my Xbox One connected via Ethernet and no other devices connected will max out at 55-60Mbps download speeds - which is no where near the 200Mbps mark.

Note that I have tried with both WIFI and Ethernet and the speeds shown on my replies are for Ethernet Connections with no other devices connected.

0 Kudos